Mission Statement: The mission of Business Services is to provide fiscal leadership that ensures academic success.
The Business Services Division of the Murrieta Valley Unified School District administers a wide variety of programs and develops the District's budget. Areas of operation covered by Business Services include:
- District Budget - Development and control of the District’s budget, monitoring revenues and expense
- Nutrition Services - Preparing and serving approximately 2,301,454 meals each school year, 12,786 meals per day
- Transportation - Providing students with home-to-school transportation and transportation for student field trips and athletic events as well as allowing the community use of school buses
- Fiscal Services - Accounts payable and receivable
- Payroll Services - Processing payroll for approximately 1,900 district employees
- Purchasing - Purchasing and receiving school supplies, furnishings and equipment
- Risk Management - Implements District insurance programs (workers' compensation, property and liability and employee insurance benefits). Other functions include coordination of employee safety training programs, and coordinating property/liability control activities.
- Maintaining student attendance accounting records and completing State-mandated attendance reports