The goal of the Murrieta Valley Unified School District Staff Development Program is to improve the quality of classroom instruction by increasing the skills and competence of all teachers, thereby improving educational opportunities for the district's students.
Educational Services is pleased to provide both onsite and online professional development opportunities and resources for MVUSD teachers. Onsite training may take place during the summer, during the school day, or after school. Visit the pages in the left sidebar to view the available onsite training sessions. All onsite professional development opportunities are dependent upon budget, trainer availability, site access, and enrollment. Please enroll knowing that the schedule may need to be altered.
Online resources and opportunities include the Staff Development Resources website, which includes curriculum, assessment, and instructional resources, as well as Online Staff Development Workshops (see link at the bottom of this page for a listing of online workshops currently available). For questions about online staff development, or to enroll in an online workshop, please contact Erica Franklin by email, or at Ext. 1028. (Please note that we are in the process of moving many of our online resources to Haiku).
You may also access our extensive online Staff Development Resources section on the district website at any time. This section includes a wide variety of resources for teachers designed to support their professional development. There is also an Instructional Resources section that includes material and support for the implementation of Thinking Maps, Professional Learning Communities, Marzano Strategies, and other areas of instruction. The Curriculum Resource section includes content-specific resources and strategies. This area is sign in only, as it includes writing prompts, DBQs, and other assessments that teachers can access. Please follow the instructions below to access the Staff Development Resources pages.
You must sign in to access these pages. Follow the steps below to sign in:
1. Sign in to the MVUSD website clicking on the "Sign-In" tab located at the top right side of the web page in the grey bar.
2. When you get to the sign in page, enter the username and password you use to log on to your district computer.
3. After you have successfully signed in, move your cursor over the "Staff" link at the top right of the district website. You will then see a drop down menu with several options.
4. From the drop down menu, select "Staff Development Resources."
5. Choose from the list of sections to the left. The "Instructional Resources" link takes you to the general professional development resources, such as support for Professional Learning Communities, using Marzano strategies, technology links and other areas of instruction. The "Curriculum Resources" link takes you to the section with content-specific resources and strategies organized by grade level and subject.
Watch the Accessing and Navigating the Staff Development Resources Website tutorial for assistance. Note that you may need to utilize your social media override to view the video when on the district network.
These programs operate under the auspices of the Peer Assistance and Review Joint Committee, a seven-member panel composed of three district administrators and four Murrieta Teacher Association representatives.
The Peer Assistance and Review Committee is expanded to thirteen members quarterly and serves as the district’s Teacher Induction Advisory Committee. The committee’s purpose is to oversee the district’s state accredited Induction program. The California Commission for Teacher Credentialing has approved the district’s plan, enabling new teachers with a preliminary 2042 credential to clear their credential over a two-year period.
In addition to the identified Peer Assistance and Review Joint Committee members, theTeacher Induction Advisory Committee non-voting members include: