Now Enrolling 16/17 School Year
July Open Enrollment Dates: TBA 9:00-10:30 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Proud recipient of the California School Board Association Golden Bell
in Early Childhood Education
The district's School Readiness programs provide high quality, age appropriate activities that help children acquire the skills and behaviors needed to prepare them to enter school. Children learn to follow directions; recognize numbers, letters and shapes; work in centers, develop social skills and follow a classroom routine. Children attend school three hours per day, 180 days per year. Children must be four years old by September 1, 2016. Classes are taught by early childhood educators with permits from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. All school readiness classrooms are licensed through the Department of Social Services-Community Care Licensing.
Kindergarten Readiness-Parent Pay
The basic Kindergarten Readiness program is three hours per day, 180 days per school year. Extended year programs are available at selected locations.
- Cole Canyon Elementary, 23750 Via Alisol - Morning 3 hours session
- E Hale Curran Elementary, 40855 Chaco Canyon Road - Morning 3 hours session with extended day option
- Lisa J Mails Elementary, 35185 Briggs Road Morning - 3 hours session with extended day option
Children must turn four before September 1, 2016. A program is available for children who turn three years old prior to December 2, 2015 at E Hale Curran and Lisa J Mails.
State Preschool State-funded Income Eligibile
The district offers State Preschool program funded by the California State Department of Education for children of families who meet the State's income guidelines. Enrollment for the 2016/17 school year begins April 22, 2016. Programs for children three years old before December 2, 2015 are available at Avaxat, Buchanan, E Hale Curran, Lisa J Mails, and Murrieta Elementary Schools. Families needing full-day/full-year services must meet State income and need eligibility requirements.
State Preschool Locations:
- Avaxat Elementary School (morning and full day)
- Cole Canyon Elementary School (morning session)
- Tovashal Elementary School ( morning and afternoon session)
- Rail Ranch Elementary School (morning and afternoon session)
- Murrieta Elementary School (three years old in morning session and four years old in afternoon session)
- Lisa J. Mails Elementary School ( morning and full day, accepts three years old)
- Buchanan Elementary School (three years old in morning session and four years old in afternoon session)
- Monte Vista (morning only)
- E Hale Curran (morning and full day, accepts three years old)
For inquiries contact: