Enroll Today for 16/17 School Year Enrollment for 17/18 Begins May 1, 2017
Proud recipient of the California School Board Association Golden Bell
in Early Childhood Education
The district's School Readiness programs provide high quality, age appropriate activities that help children acquire the skills and behaviors needed to prepare them to enter school. Children learn to follow directions; recognize numbers, letters and shapes; work in centers, develop social skills and follow a classroom routine. Children attend school three hours per day, 180 days per year. Children must be three or four years old by September 1. Classes are taught by early childhood educators with permits from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. All school readiness classrooms are licensed through the Department of Social Services-Community Care Licensing.
Kindergarten Readiness-Parent Pay
The basic Kindergarten Readiness program is three hours per day, 180 days per school year. Extended year programs are available at selected locations.
- Cole Canyon Elementary, 23750 Via Alisol - Morning 3 hours session
- E Hale Curran Elementary, 40855 Chaco Canyon Road - Morning 3 hours session with extended day option
- Lisa J Mails Elementary, 35185 Briggs Road Morning - 3 hours session with extended day option
State Preschool- State-funded must meet income eligibility
The district offers State Preschool program funded by the California State Department of Education for children of families who meet the State's income guidelines. Families needing full-day/full-year services must meet State income and need eligibility requirements. Programs are available for children three and four years old.
State Preschool Locations:
- Avaxat Elementary School (morning and full day sessions)
- Cole Canyon Elementary School (morning session only)
- Tovashal Elementary School ( morning and afternoon sessions)
- Rail Ranch Elementary School (morning session only)
- Murrieta Elementary School (morning and afternoon sessions)
- Lisa J. Mails Elementary School ( morning, afternoon and full day sessions)
- Buchanan Elementary School (morning and afternoon sessions)
- Monte Vista (morning session only)
- E Hale Curran (morning and full day sessions)
For inquiries contact: