Phone: 951-696-1411 x. 2512
Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 2nd grade! My name is Ms. Wilkins. I am very excited to be teaching 2nd grade. I have been teaching for over 30 years with a Master's degree. I love teaching
2nd grade and I am very happy to be your child's teacher. Teaching children to believe in themselves and to know they can achieve anything is something close to my heart.
We will be learning many wonderful things this year!
Homework will go home on Mondays and be returned on Fridays. A white Parent Communication Folder containing samples of student work and school communications will go home on Fridays and be returned on Mondays. Returning these items on time each week is an important practice in learning responsibility.
We will have one field trip this year. We will be visiting the Western Science Center for Paleontology in Hemet, California during the month of February. Parents who wish to chaperone will have the opportunity to do so.
We have P.E. every day so please wear comfortable running shoes to school each day.
Ways to Help Your Child:
1. Read library books together and log the books completed on the Homework Reading Log.
2. Utilize the school math website Think Central. It contains lessons and activities that teach and reteach important math skills.
3. Help prepare your child for the Friday spelling tests. Spelling practice is an essential part of phonics instruction.
4. Utilize the school reading website RAZ Kids. This is a daily part of our homework assignment and is highly correlated with growth in reading.
6. Utilize the school math fact fluency practice website "Stretch to Go Math".
7. Return school library books each week on or before Tuesday. (Tues. is Library Day) Return your book on this day even if you plan on keeping it another week.
It is important that every child have a book to read in the library during library reading time.
8. We have 3 projects during the school year in addition to the homework. They are the Reflections Project, The Ancestor Project, & the Dinosaur Research Project.
These projects involve parent assistance in some way and are meant to create wonderful family memories.
9. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please contact Ms. Wilkins at email@example.com
10. Be a role model for Growth Mindset. Children are cultivating lifelong attitudes toward learning and thinking during this stage in their development.
11. Character Counts! We will be learning about responsibility, patience, determination, perseverance, honestly, kindness, citizenship, empathy, trust, and respect.
Discuss these traits with your child often! Character development is one of the most important things a child can learn.
Last Modified on November 25, 2019