2018/2019 Synchronize Vocal Jazz Members and Parents,
Your student has auditioned for and been accepted into the VMHS Synchronize Vocal Jazz Choir for the 2017-2018 school year. Please peruse the calendar and listed requirements below for this class. Jazz Choir is an elite singing group here at Vista and participation in the group cannot be taken lightly.
Jazz Choir members are expected to:
- Be a member of 2 choir classes unless prearranged with choir director.
- Rehearse music at home and record practice time on a practice chart.
- Be leaders in Jazz as well as in Chorale or Chamber.
- Be present at ALL concerts. Permission to miss a concert is very rarely given and more than one occurrence will result in being dropped from the group.
- Be a positive presence in the community and at our feeder schools as a representative of our program and our school
- Keep grades above a 2.0 with no “F”s.
- Students are expected to communicate performance dates and upcoming events to parents, bosses, and teachers and manage schedules appropriately juggling school, activities, work, and choir. My communication is primarily with the students. As upper classmen they will be expected to handle this communication appropriately.
Vocal Jazz Choir 2018-2019 Preliminary Event and Performance Calendar-subject to change
TBA Parent Meeting
4 Fall Concert
12 Upland HS Jazz Festival
TBA Community Concerts (be prepared to perform every weekend)
13 Holiday Concert
18 DAR concert
7 Spring Concert
26 District Festival
TBA Choir Tour
TBA Oceanside Jazz Festival
22-23 Broadway Dress Reh.
31 Senior RallyRemind 101 # (385) 218-3745 code: @vmhsj