German I Frau Erbel
Studentsare introduced to the language and cultures of the German speakingcountries. Primary stress lies on spokenGerman and basic conversation. Basicgrammatical concepts are presented in conversational patterns and developedthrough systematic exercises. Introductory writing skills are also developed in the first year ofstudy.
· Komm mit. Level 1
- Practice and Activity Workbook
· Grammar and Vocabulary Workbook
- Steno Notebook
- A 3 ring notebook with 3 dividers labeled Aufgaben Tabelle, auf Deutsch, Notizen, and 2 pocket dividers labeled Practice&Activity, Grammar&Vocabulary.
Myname is Frau Erbel. I will always callyou by your German name. I will alwaysstrive to treat you with the utmost respect, and I will expect the same fromyou.
· All students should come prepared with their own paper, pens, Germannotebooks, workbooks, and a POSITIVEATTITUDE.
· All students should be in their assigned seats when the last bell ringsand working on their warm up activity (Übung I).
· All students and staff should be treated with respect and courtesy.
· All students should be respectful and courteous of the person who hasthe “floor”.
· All students should be “on task” when given an assignment.
Homeworkis assigned each time the classmeets. It is extremely important thathomework is carefully completed and corrected during the next class. Pointswill be earned for completing the assignment. If you are unable to complete anassignment, you may turn it in the next class for half credit.
Ifyou are absent, it is your responsibility to check the homework log and make-up any missed work in a timely fashion.
Gradesare determined by the use of a computerized grading program, which totals thenumber of points earned for each 6-week grading period, and assigns a gradeaccordingly. Points are awarded for thefollowing:
A. Homework 4 – 10 points each
B. Quizzes/Homework 20-50points each
C. Unit Exams l00 points each
D. Classwork 2 points per activity
E. Oral Performance *
*Points are awarded forvolunteering to answer, read, translate, and perform board work. Oral practice is the key to learning how tospeak a foreign language.
Homework/Classwork 25% of thegrade
Exams/Quizzes/Projects/Presentations 45% of the grade
Oral Performance 20%of the grade
Final Exam l0%of your class grade
Iam looking forward to an exiting year. I hope you are as anxious to learnGerman, as I am to teach you.
Ifyou have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at696-1408 Ext 8675, or e-mail me @ email@example.com.
Ihave read and discussed the above syllabus with my son/daughter.