German II Frau Erbel
Thisclass is designed to give the students increased proficiency and communicationsskills. German II intensifies the study of vocabulary and structuraldevelopment. A deeper exposure to culture examines customs, geography, andidiomatic expressions.
· Komm mit. Level 1 & II
- Practice and Activity Workbook I and II
· Grammar and Vocabulary Workbook I and II
· Steno Notebook
- A 3-ring notebook with 3 dividers labeled Aufgaben Tabelle, auf Deutsch, Notizen, and 2 pocket dividers labeled Practice & Activity, Grammar & Vocabulary.
Myname is Frau Erbel. I will always call you by your German name. I will always strive to treat you with theutmost respect, and I will expect it from you.
· All students should come prepared with their own paper, pens, Germannotebooks, workbooks, and a POSITIVEATTITUDE.
· All students should be in their assigned seats when the last bell ringsand working on their assigned activity.
· All students and staff should be treated with respect and courtesy.
· All students should be respectful and courteous of the person who hasthe “floor”.
· All students should be “on task” when given an assignment.
Homeworkis assigned each time the class meets. It is extremely important that homework is done carefully and correctedduring the next class. Points will be earned for completing the assignment. If you are unable to completean assignment you may turn it in LATE for half credit.
Ifyou are absent, it is your responsibility to check the homework log and make-up any missed work in a timely fashion.
Gradesare determined by the use of a computerized grading program, which totals thenumber of points earned for each 6-week grading period, and assigns a gradeaccordingly. Points are awarded for thefollowing:
A. Homework 4– 10 points each
B. Quizzes 20-50points each
C. Unit Exams 100 points each
D. Classwork 2points per activity
E. Oral Performance *
*Points are awarded forvolunteering to answer, read, translate, and perform board work. Oral practice is the key to learning how tospeak a foreign language.
Homework/Classwork 25% of thegrade
Exams/Quizzes/Projects /Presentations 45%of the grade
Oral Performance 20%of the grade
Final Exam l0% of yourclass grade
Iam looking forward to an exiting year. I hope you are as anxious to learnGerman, as I am to teach you.
Ifyou have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at696-1408 Ext 8675, or e-mail me @ email@example.com.
Ihave read and discussed the above syllabus with my son/daughter.