German III/IV Frau Erbel
Thisclass is designed to give the student increased oral proficiency andcommunications skills. German III/IV deepens the study of both oral andauditory development through complex grammatical structures and vocabulary.Idiomatic expressions, grammar, and oral competency will be developed by adeeper exposure to literature.
· Komm mit. Level 2
- Practice and Activity Workbook
· Grammar and Vocabulary Workbook
- Steno Notebook
- A 3-ring notebook with 4 dividers labeled Aufgaben Tabelle, auf Deutsch, Notizen, Aufgaben.
Myname is Frau Erbel. I will always callyou by your German name. I will alwaysstrive to treat you with the utmost respect, and I will expect the same fromyou.
· All students should come prepared with their own paper, pens, Germannotebooks, workbooks, and a POSITIVEATTITUDE.
· All students should be in their assigned seats when the last bell ringsand working on their assigned activity.
· All students and staff should be treated with respect and courtesy.
· All students should be respectful and courteous of the person who hasthe “floor”.
· All students should be “on task” when given an assignment.
Homeworkis assigned each time the class meets. It is extremely important that homework is done carefully and correctedduring the next class. Points will be earned for completing the assignment. Ifyou are unable to complete an assignment you may turn it in the next class forhalf credit.
Ifyou are absent, it is your responsibility to check the homework log and make-up any missed work in a timely fashion.
Gradesare determined by the use of a computerized grading program, which totals thenumber of points earned for each 6-week grading period, and assigns a gradeaccordingly. Points are awarded for thefollowing:
A. Homework 4– 10 points each
B. Quizzes 20-50points each
C. Unit Exams l00 points each
D. Classwork 2points per activity
E. Oral Performance *
*Points are awarded forvolunteering to answer, read, translate, and perform board work. Oral practice is the key to learning how tospeak a foreign language. Studentsare expected to speak German in class.
Homework/Classwork 25% of the grade
Exams/Quizzes/Homework quizzes 45% of the grade
Oral Performance 20% of the grade
Final Exam l0% of your total grade
Iam looking forward to an exiting year. I know that if you give your besteffort, you will be amazed at whatyou will accomplish!
Ifyou have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at696-1408 Ext 8675, or e-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ihave read and discussed the above syllabus with my son/daughter.