And so the new journey of DISTANCE LEARNING begins...
The district recommended time frame for learning/school work for students in 4th grade is 2.5 hours a day. It is my intention to design this opportunity with ROUTINE AND FAMILIARITY IN MIND...for both the children and myself. I would like to utilize this time with 1.5 hours set aside for Language Arts and 1 hour for Mathematics.
Weekly, I will be posting "ASSIGNMENTS AND TASKS" on my district website. Here you will find DLR, Math Review, Spelling, Vocabulary pages, and other important assignments I feel necessary. The children are familiar with our Reading Log and Fact Fluency/Division Fluency pages. Please be sure to print these out weekly. I want to make this as easy for all of us as possible.
It's a new day, Folks, for all of us! Unchartered waters for me that's for sure. But, I'm committed to making sure I practice what I preach by FINISHING WHAT YOU START. The children and I will finish this school year strong...I'll make sure of that. REMEMBER-FLEXIBILITY IS KEY!
Daily Schedule will look like the following:
(90 minutes per day)
- VOCABULARY (if appropriate for that week)
- iReady Reading OR Imagine Learning OR Read 180/System 44 (as appropriate)
- Journal Reflection OR Writing activity assigned by teacher
- 20 minutes independent reading followed by a log
- Core literature Read Aloud by teacher in a format to be determined
(60 minutes per day)
- MATH REVIEW
- FACT FLUENCY/DIVISION FLUENCY
- FASTMATH/FRACTION NATION
- iREADY Math/Math 180
- Teacher Instruction via a format to be determined
- MOBY MAX