Welcome to the 6th-12th grade returning to school information page developed to provide general details to our secondary families. Each secondary school will be sending site specific information via Aeries Communication.
Murrieta Valley USD is committed to providing families with a choice as we prepare for a return to in-person learning in a pandemic environment. Hence, we are offering two learning models for the spring semester: Hybrid In-Person and Virtual for the remainder of the 20-21 School Year.
- Secondary schools plan to begin hybrid in-person instruction late February 2021. *Dependent upon RivCo Tier Status and metrics
- Learning model registration for secondary students was held in November. All families selected between two learning models: hybrid or virtual.
- Families who selected virtual learning for their student(s) made that commitment for the remainder of the 20-21 school year.
- Families who selected hybrid, made that commitment for the remainder of the 20-21 school year.
Hybrid In-Person Learning Model
- At any one time, half of the students will be in-person on campus 2 days a week
- Three days of the week, students will be independent at home
- Student(s) will attend school based on their spring class schedule
- Independent work assigned to all students when they are not in-person on campus
- Proposed start date is scheduled for late February 2021 *Dependent upon RivCo Tier Status and metrics
Virtual Learning Model
Virtual selection is a commitment for the remainder of the school year
Students who select virtual may have limited elective choices (CTE, Drama, Choir)
- Students who select virtual may still participate in co-curricular and athletics