Welcome to the 6th-12th grade returning to school information page developed to provide general details to our secondary families. Each secondary school will be sending site specific information via Aeries Communication.
Murrieta Valley USD is committed to providing families with a choice as we prepare for a return to in-person learning in a pandemic environment. Hence, we are offering two learning models for the spring semester: Hybrid In-Person and Virtual for the remainder of the 20-21 School Year.
Secondary schools 6-12th grade plan to begin hybrid in-person instruction, on the following days, dependent upon RivCo Adjusted Case Rate (ACR) and Tier Status
- 6th & 9th grade - Tuesday, March 23. Mondays are virtual days for all students. The student's hybrid schedule dictates which day is their first day on campus.
- 7-8th and 10-12th - Tuesday, April 6. Mondays are virtual days for all students. The student's hybrid schedule dictates which day is their first day on campus.
Learning model registration confirmation for grades 6-12 will take place the first two weeks in March. All families will confirm or have an opportunity to change their learning model selection.
Hybrid In-Person Learning Model
- At any time, half of the students will be in-person on campus 2 days a week. Students will be grouped into an either Tue/Wed or Thurs/Fri on campus.
- Three days of the week, students will be independent at home.
- Students will attend school based on their spring class schedule.
- Independent work will be assigned to all students when they are not in-person on campus.
Virtual Learning Model
Virtual selection is a commitment for the remainder of the school year
Students who select virtual may have limited elective choices (CTE, Drama, Choir)
- Students who select virtual may still participate in co-curricular and athletics