Social Emotional SupportCrisis Resources
Helpline: (951)686-HELP (4357)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1800-273-8255 (TALK)
Youth Crisis Hotline: 1800-843-5200
What’s Up SafeHouse Crisis Text Line: 1844-204-0880
Community Referrals: 211
Children Services Division
If you suspect that a child has been abused or neglected, call: 1-800-442-4918.
- Outside the Riverside area call: Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453
- Mandated reporters must immediately report abuse to the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-442-4918. Within 36 hours, mandated reporters are required to submit a written follow up report. Download a Copy of The Suspected Child Abuse Report.
What Is Depression?
Everyone occasionally feels blue or sad. But these feelings are usually short-lived and pass within a couple of days. When you have depression, it interferes with daily life and causes pain for both you and those who care about you. Depression is a common but serious illness. Many people with a depressive illness never seek treatment. But the majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment. Medications, psychotherapies, and other methods can effectively treat people with depression. Learn more about depression here.
Suicide Prevention ResourcesWhen someone takes their own life, people react differently. Those who did not know the person very well may not be affected, while close friends or family members others may experience a great deal of sadness. If you observe any behavioral or emotional changes in your child following the death of a friend or family member, it may be an indication that he or she is having difficulty coping.
You can also make an anonymous CALL FOR HELP.
- Click here for information on coping with suicide.
- If you are concerned about yourself or a friend, there is help. Please don't keep it a secret!
- Click here for a checklist of symptoms, common signs and clues.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention also lists the risk factors for suicide and frequently asked questions.
- 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Hotline 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service