Phone: 951-894-5750 x 6508
Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to Mr. Walsh's home page. Please click on the links to the left to access the information you need for the lessons we will cover in the classroom.
(Friday, March 27, 2020):
Yesterday, I figured out that my emails were not going out because I had not checked the correct box on Aeries Communication. So, to all of my students: sorry you did not hear from me by email before Thursday. I try to stay on top of things, but I was a little slow on that one.
I am now updating make-up work as you send it to me via email, either through attached typed files or by pictures of handwritten work, and that is working out very well. Many students have made up their missing work and brought their pre-Coronavirus shutdown grades up to par.
Beginning after the Spring Break week, I will post distance learning activities to move forward. I will try to make it similar to our classroom activities, with reading and writing being the principal assignments. We are still in discussion about when the work we all do will be included in the official grades, and I will update you when I know.
- 11th Grade Syllabus for Expository Reading & Writing
- 11th Grade Expository Supplemental Reading List
- 12th Grade Syllabus for CSU Expository Reading & Writing
- 12th Grade Expository Supplemental Reading List
- Mr. Walsh's Top 10 (actually 19) Rules
- Common Pitfalls of High School Writers
- Online Copy of Beowulf
- "When You Turn 18" - A Survival Guide for Teenagers
- Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"
- Online version of The Grapes of Wrath