KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM INFORMATION
Go to the School Locator to find out which school your child will attend.
Kindergarten Here I ComeParents of preschoolers are given an opportunity to explore comprehensive education at its finest by attending the Kindergarten Here I Come preview events in the Spring. At these informational events principals will welcome families and provide an overview of the learning opportunities that will await their children in kindergarten.. Parents will also tour kindergarten classrooms, learn about Transitional Kindergarten, and meet our outstanding and caring kindergarten teachers.
- Kinder Here I come PPT
- Summer Readiness Packet
- Kinder Readiness Calendar
- Readiness Activities
- Writing- Supporting Muscle Development
- TK Brochure
Age RequirementsChildren must be five years old by September 1st to enroll in Kindergarten. The Kindergarten Readiness Act of 2010 changed the required birthday for admission to kindergarten and first grade beginning with the 2012/13 school year and established a Transitional Kindergarten program for children who turn five between September 2 and December 2. For more information on kindergarten age requirements and programs, visit the California Department of Education website.
Early Bird/Late Bird Schedule
Kindergarten classes at all district schools are on the Early Bird/Late Bird schedule.
- Early Birds arrive in the morning at the start of the school day
- Late Birds arrive two hours later
- There is a short overlap period where there are 32 students in the class
- Early Birds depart before lunch and the Late Birds remain for lunch and the afternoon session
- Class sizes are limited to 16 students during literacy and math instruction for both the Early Birds and Late Birds
- Transitional Kindergarten students are placed in the morning sessions
Transitional Kindergarten - Two Year Kindergarten Program:Murrieta Valley Unified School District offers a half day Transitional Kindergarten class at all of our Elementary school sites.Transitional Kindergarten is part of the public school system and it is free for all families. Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a developmentally appropriate kindergarten curriculum aligned to kindergarten standards and it is taught by a credentialed teacher.
Last Modified on March 5, 2018