Haiku Parent Accounts
Our Haiku Learning Management System (LMS) now has parent accounts available. Use of this "Parent Portal" is at each individual teacher's discretion. If your son or daughter's teacher has activated the Parent Portal for their Haiku class, then you will be able to use it to log into the Haiku LMS to see information that the teacher is providing, such as class events, assignments, homework, and other student resources. If the teacher utilizes the Haiku Gradebook, you will also be able to review your son or daughter's grades.
The Parent accounts are created from the Aeries student information system and require that we have an email address on file to create a parent account. We use the primary email address that we have in the Aeries system for each student. The parent username for log in to Haiku is the primary email address that we have in Aeries with the @ symbol replaced by a . (period). Example: John Smith's primary email on file is firstname.lastname@example.org so the Haiku parent account username is jsmith.gmail.com. All initial passwords are set to MVUSDPARENT (case sensitive).
**Please be aware that the Haiku LMS and Haiku gradebook does not replace the Aeries Parent Portal system for final grades or 6-week progress report grades**
LOG IN DIRECTIONS:
1. Enter the URL https://mvusd.haikulearning.com in your browser to access the log in page pictured below:2. Enter the username and password and click Enter. Username is the primary parent email address with the @ replaced with a . (period). Initial password is set to MVUSDPARENT (case sensitive).
3. Create a new password upon initial log in by clicking your username in the upper right corner of the window. Click the "Change Password" button, enter the new password, and then click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
4. Check your email inbox to confirm your email address. You must confirm your email address in order to receive email updates, messages, and announcements, or to use the "Forgot Password" function on the log in page should that be necessary.
5. Click "Home" at the top of the page. You will go to the Home page where you will see a listing of your son/daughter's classes on the left, and a calendar, announcements, and other pertinent information on the rest of the page. If you have more than one student, you can filter by clicking on the menu at the top of the list of classes (see red arrow in image below):If You Are Unable to Log in Using These Directions:
1. Please check with your student's school to verify that you have an email address on file and that it is correct.
2. If you do not have an email address on file and would like to have a Haiku parent account, contact your student's school to add your email address to the Aeries system. Please be aware that it will take 2-3 school days for your new account to be added to the Haiku system.
If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher or email Greg Nicholas. Please include your student's name, email address, and 9-digit student identification number with any email inquiries.
**For assistance with student account access, click the Haiku Student Accounts page in the left sidebar**