<Name: Cynthia Garcia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.comHello Seniors and Parents!My name is Cynthia Garcia, I am a Counselor at Mt. San Jacinto College.A little bit about myself- I graduated with my Bachelors in Communication from Cal State University San Marcos and received my graduate degree in Education Counseling from National University. I have 3 dogs, I love Disneyland (AP Holder here!), I love traveling, Eeyore, Rocky, SD Padres/Chargers and going to concerts.
Now on to the good stuff..why is MSJC here at MMHS?
MSJC and Murrieta Valley USD partnered a few years ago to build a transition program that will help local HS graduates with the process of enrolling at MSJC. I am going on my 3rd year at Murrieta Mesa and couldn’t be any happier and more proud to work with such a great school.
The students that work with me will have the following added bonus at MSJC:
- Ability to have an abbreviated education plan completed- this plan outlines their first semester set of courses based off their educational goal. This minimizes unnecessary courses and keeps them focused on courses specifically needed for their educational goal.
- Have updated information and opportunities for programs such as FYE and EOPS- Having this information directly from a counselor will allow you to register for these programs that will give you priority registration and help with the transition into college.
- SAVE MONEY!- After completing the FAFSA- you will see what you are eligible for- we have several grants that help students have their tuition waived- Which in other words- their classes will be paid for. This means, as long as a student remains eligible their 2 years of college are practically tuition free. Huge SAVINGS!! $$
- Already know a counselor at MSJC that can help them through the scary transition from HS to College.- I have been at Murrieta Mesa for 4 years now and I have noticed a huge difference with the students that met with me vs. the students that graduated from MMHS that did not meet with me.
I want to make sure your senior is ready, regardless of the path they take toward their higher education goal. If they are unsure of what community college they want to go to, they can sign up for MSJC as a backup, this way they can have their plan in place if they do end up attending. If you are waiting for those 4 year universities’ letters, my fingers are crossed for your students! Good luck to all! Creating a backup plan in this scenario would also be a great idea. For those of you that know your student will be attending MSJC, getting a head start now is a great way to start those proactive skills that one needs to succeed in college.
During the 2020 year - I will be at Murrieta Mesa HS Friday starting Feb 28 through March 30 from 7:30a-3:30p. I will meet with you, discuss your educational goals and give you an education plan for your first semester at MSJC - this way you are not struggling or rushing to make an appointment before their Fall semester.
MSJC Outreach continues to serve our district schools with the following;
- Application Workshops; MSJC Outreach is here to assist your students with submissions of the MSJC online application now and through spring 2021, even before your seniors graduate in order to gain early registration and meet with an MSJC Counselor.
- MSJC Outreach can present in your Zoom or Google Classrooms; live or recorded with Q&A, virtual tours or Application Workshops, by appointment; submit a request at; https://msjc.formstack.com/forms/outreach
In the meantime, feel free to show these YouTube MSJC videos;
Virtual tour of MSJC Temecula Valley Camus (TVC - about two min.);
30 second Promo;
Online Application Workshop (about 45 min.);
General MSJC Full Presentation (about 45 min.);
This one page Senior Profile Google Doc (how to apply);
To learn more about MSJC Outreach please visit us at; www.msjc.edu/outreach/
Contact our virtual campus and Welcome Center at the MSJC Hub: NEW Virtual Campus Support Hub