Welcome Class of 2022!!!!My name is Julie Thornburg and I am so excited to be your counselor this year. I am the counselor for the 9th grade students with last names A-M and 11th & 12th Grade IB Diploma students. You can reach me at (951) 696-1408 x5266 and firstname.lastname@example.org.A little bit about me... I have been with the Murrieta Valley Unified School District since April 2004. I first began working as a substitute teacher and a test administer for the district and then in 2010 I worked as a elementary school counselor at various elementary schools in the district. I also worked at River Springs Charter School as a high school intake advisor and K-12 counselor from 2012 to 2014. I earned my B.A. in Psychology from the University of Colorado at Boulder and my M.A. in Education, with a PPS credential in school counseling from Azusa Pacific University. I love working with students and empowering them to find their passions.To Receive Important Reminders Right To Your Phone Join My Remind Class:
Enter 81010. Text @jtmv2022 to get updates from Mrs. Thornburg via text message.
Murrieta Valley High School Four Year Plan
As you prepare to start school this semester, make sure that you can log in to your parent/student ABI portals:
- Parent/Guardian(s) - do NOW: Log into your PARENT portal(s), to make sure the account works and you know your password.
- Student - do NOW: Log into your STUDENT portal to be sure you know how and that your password is working. You will use this Portal quite a bit this year and it is good to be familiar with it before you begin your ICT class in 9th grade. If you do not have a STUDENT portal account, click here and follow the directions in order to create an account.Create a Student Aeries Portal Account
Also, keep these web addresses handy and visit them often for LOTS of information:
www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/mvhs - School website/Home page & Event Calendarhttps://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/Domain/1636 - Athletic Informationhttps://webstores.activenetwork.com/school-software/murrieta_valley_high/ - Online MVHS Storehttps://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=9517 – Activities/Events/Club Infohttps://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/page/9435 - IB Program Informationhttp://abi.murrieta.k12.ca.us/ – Parent & Student Portal Log On Website
We want your high school experience to be filled with new friendships, athletic and social activities, challenging classes, and preparation for your future. Follow these tips from Woodburn Press to help you "Get the MOST OUT of your HIGH SCHOOL"...
The next three years is the perfect time to research, plan, and prepare for your future. Check out the MVHS Counseling Department website for helpful publications, websites, and links to assist you and your family in your planning for high school and beyond!
- Understand your academic record
- Know your school (handbook, website, etc.)
- Be in school EVERYDAY - good attendance is crucial!!
- Know how to get good grades...see me for some resources
- Set goals for yourself
- Get involved!!
- Make good choices and decisions
- Know how to handle stress
- Use available services
Last Modified on June 17, 2019