The Murrieta Valley Unified School District values our athletic programs and the opportunities they provide for our high school students. School connectedness through athletics provides our students with lifelong friendships and dynamic opportunities to thrive in our school cultures.
On August 3, 2020, the California Department of Public Health published guidelines for sports and extra-curricular activities. Following the county, state and federal health and safety guidelines, this document was prepared to guide coaches and instructors through the return of athletic training opportunities and workouts in a COVID-19 pandemic environment.
Additionally, the California Interscholastic Federation, CIF has issued guidance and tiered athletic recommendations for high schools in California to follow.
At this time the following is permitted for athletics and co-curriculars:
- Training and conditioning sessions can be scheduled by district coaches beginning September 9, 2020.
- All activity must be outdoor only. Return notice provides specifics.
- All sessions must be scheduled through the site’s Athletic Director and follow the facility use protocol.
- No visitors are permitted to attend conditioning sessions. This includes parents, Booster clubs, and community members.
Please note that this document is fluid and guidelines and recommendations will be modified as county, state, and federal health and safety guidelines change.
3. Assumption of the Risk and Waiver Liability (INFORMED CONSENT FORM 3-2-21)
4. CIF January Memo and adjusted seasons based on tiered COVID-19 data.
6. CDPH Guidance on Youth Sports (Updated 2-19-21)