Instructions and helpful tips on getting your device and accounts set-up (Office 365, Canvas, Aeries)
You may bring your own device (computer, Chromebook, Mac - not a phone) or check one out from the library for free (before school, after school, lunch or break only, student ID card required for checkout)
To log into your MVHS-issued device:
- You must be on campus using MVUSD wifi the first time that you log into your device. Your device will not work unless you complete this step first.
- Your user name and password are your Office 365 user name and password.
- Your device will automatically connect to the Wifi.
- If you have forgotten your password, please see Mrs. Pinchot (main office) or Mrs. Gaines (library) for a password reset.
To log into your personal device while on campus:
- Students may use the MVUSD or MVUSD2 Wifi accounts.
- Your user name and password is your Office 365 user name and password
- Personal devices may have security settings or other issues that will prevent you from accessing the Wifi. We do not provide technical support for personal devices.
To set up your Office 365 account (brand new students to MVUSD only):
- Go to the MVHS website and click on the 365 icon or go HERE
- Enter your 9 digit student ID
- Enter your password (Mvusdmmdd!) mmdd=birthday month/date
Your student email address is your 9 digit student ID @mvusd.org. Student email is accessed on Office 365/Outlook. It will NOT be found on Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
If you forget your Office 365 password, you must contact the office to reset it.
To set up your Aeries (student portal).
- Click on the Aeries icon on the MVHS website or go HERE
- Select "Create New Account", and select Student
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
- You must use your 9 digit student email account - it will not work with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
- Go to your student email account to verify your email.
- For the final verification code, please contact Mrs. Velasquez or Mrs. Young in the Counseling Office.
If you forget your Aeries password, please use the Forgot My Password feature in Aeries to reset it yourself.
To access Canvas (students):
- First, log into Office 365.
- Then go to the MVHS website and click on the Canvas icon: https://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/Page/7912
- This will take you directly to your Canvas dashboard.
To access Canvas (parents):
- please go to the Parent Observer page and follow the directions https://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/Page/36846