Parking Lot/Loop Procedures
Dorothy McElhinney Middle School
Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
In order to ensure the safety of your children, please adhere to the following guidelines when dropping them off and picking them up. We thank you in advance!
General Parking Lot/Loop Etiquette
- Pull up close to the car in front of you.
- Please drive slowly.
- Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers. Be kind, courteous, and patient.
- Please refrain from using cell phones while driving in the parking lot.
- Please do not leave your car unattended in the loop.
- Please do not cut in front of other drivers.
Parking Lot Drop Off
- Our gates open at 7:45 a.m.
- Please pull as far forward as possible.
- Unload from the passenger (curb) side only.
- Please have students ready to exit promptly with their belongings once the vehicle has stopped.
Parking Lot Pick Up
- Please pull all the way forward to the Lisa J. Mails Child Care building.
- Students may begin loading in your car once you pass the gray mailbox.
- Students should load on the passenger (curb) side only.
- Please do not line up until 2:50 p.m. to avoid interfering with Mails pick up.
- Students may not enter your car in the middle or left lanes.
- If you pick your child up in the parking lot, please pull into a parking space. You may not stop in the middle of the lot to pick up your child.
- You may not park in the red fire lane in the parking lot.
- Please do not use the handicapped spaces unless you have proper authorization.
- If you pick up on the south side of Briggs, be sure to park along the white curb only.
- Pick up on the north side of Briggs is not permitted at any time, as posted by the County.
Thank you for following these guidelines and doing your part to make DMMS a safe school!