The purpose of this page is to maintain a central hub of information where our school community can easily find updates regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in our region. We understand adjusting to the new realities and “Safer at Home” orders are causing anxiety and stress for both our students, staff and their families. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adjust to this new temporary normal. Please remember you and our students are 'Safer At Home'
Below is a running digest of district communications and information sent to families regarding COVID-19; COVID-Impacts and School Closures.
- 5/22/20 Update #22 COVID-19 Impacts, Elem. Summer School & Year End Report Cards(NEW)
- 5/6/20 Update #21 COVID Impacts, 20-21 Start of School Year & Survey
- 4/24/20 Update #20 COVID-19 Impacts, Virtual Graduations
- 4/22/20 Update #19 COVID-19 Impacts, BOE Open Letter to Community
- 4/8/20 Dear Class of 2020 Communications
- 4/8/20 Update #18 COVID-Impacts, High School Phase 2 Tools, Grades, Refunds
- 4/8/20 Update 18 COVID-Impacts, Middle School Phase 2 Tools, Grades, Refunds
- 4/8/20 Update #18 COVID-Impacts, Elementary Phase 2 Tools, Progress Reports and Activities
- 4/7/20 Seniors communicaiton re: UC/CSU and other Colleges Admission Status
- 4/3/20 Update #17 COVID-Impacts, Phase 2 Begins on Monday
- 4/1/20 Update #16 COVID-Impacts, Extension of School Physical Closures Countywide and Official RUHS, AMENDED Public Health Order
- 4/1/20 Update #15 COVID-19 Impacts, re: State Superintendent Announcement
- 3/29/20 Update #14 COVID-19 Impacts, Spring Break and Phase 2
- 3/23/20 AP Parents/Students Update 2 from College Board
- 3/22/20 Update#13 Phase 1 Reminders
- 3/20/20 AP Parents/Students Update
- 3/19/20 Update #12 Academic Plans
- 3/18/20 Update #11 Enrichment Opportunities
- 3/17/20 Update #10 COVID-19 School Closures Ext.
- 3/17/20 Update #9 Mental Health Supports
- 3/16/20 Update #8 Status of Enrichment Opportunities
- 3/16/20 Update #7 Nutrition Services
- 3/13/20 Update #6 Riverside County Schools Closing
- 3/13/20 Update: MVUSD schools closing
- 3/12/20 Update Letter_Extra-curricular and Athletics cancelled
- 3/11/20 Update Letter with FAQs to All Families and Staff re: COVID-19
- 3/9/20 Update Letter to MVHS parents regarding closure
- 3/6/20 Update Letter regarding closure of MVHS
- 3/4/20 Update Letter to Families with school district FAQ's
- 2/27/20 Letter to Families with general information
Below is a great video by Riverside University Health Systems, Public Health, with new guidance, "Stay In Place, Maintain Your Space, and Cover Your Face!":
Trusted sources of information:
- Riverside University Health Systems, Public Health (County Public Health) Latest News
- California Department of Public Health
- California Department of Education
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Association of School Psychologists, "How to Talk To Children about COVID-19"
The safety and health of our students and staff continue to be our top priority. We will update this page weekly and as needed.