790 students in 2011/2012
820 students in 2013/2014
860 students in 2015/2016
850 students in 2017/2018
925 students in 2018/2019
988 students in 2019/2020
850 students in 2020/2021 (School in virtual/hybrid model)
918 students in 2021/2022
School Mission Statement
Murrieta Elementary School is committed to providing each student with a high quality education which reflects student achievement, while emphasizing responsibility, life skills, and life-long learning. We believe our primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for each student to learn to the best of his or her ability. We want to develop each student’s skills to meet life’s challenges with honesty, integrity, courage, and the desire to reach for intellectual and personal excellence for the betterment of the community, the nation, and the world. We invite parents and community members to join us as we continue to set high expectations and assist our students in “Stalking Success.”; Educating our youth must be a partnership. Together we can prepare today’s students to succeed in tomorrow’s world.
Description of Campus
Murrieta Elementary School opened in 1958 as the first school in what would later become the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. The school serves students in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Over the years classrooms, offices, and a cafeteria were added and a comprehensive modernization program was completed in 2002. The school has 41 classrooms, a multipurpose room, cafeteria, library, 4 computer lab, administrative offices, a staff lounge and two play areas, one for kindergarten students and one designated for students in grades 1-5. Child care facilities for students in grades K-5 are located on campus in a separate room.
Murrieta Elementary School is committed to providing a well balanced, standards-based education for each student. Striving towards excellence is an on-going process at Murrieta Elementary School. To this end, we use District curriculum and assessment results to provide a strong base for our instructional program.
Thompson Middle School, Murrieta Valley High School
A Brief History
The Murrieta School District opened the area’s first school in 1885 for grades K-8 in Marcus Hedges’ barn. Later that year a one-room school house was constructed and the first school bell rang on October 28, 1885.
The District’s second school was built in 1920 on 2nd Street in "Old Town Murrieta" and it remained in use until 1958. Murrieta residents passed the first school bond in 1956 and Murrieta Elementary School opened in 1958.
Over the years classrooms, offices, and a cafeteria were added and a comprehensive modernization has recently been completed at the school. The school has 41 classrooms, a multipurpose room, cafeteria, library, 4 computer labs, administrative offices, a staff lounge and two play areas, one for kindergarten students and one designated for students in grades 1-5. Child care facilities for students in grades K-5 are located on campus in a separate room.