The library is open daily from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. We are closed between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. daily for staff lunches. Minimum and modified days the hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 12:40 p.m. with no closure for staff lunch. Occasionally the library may be closed for staff meetings and class usage. If you have any questions or concerns contact Kristi Gaskill at 951-696-3503 ext 3173.
Computer use:Students may use the library computers before school, during breaks and lunches and after school. Library computers are for school work only. Students need to bring paper to print and/or a flash drive to save on. Any disk needs to be checked by the librarian for viruses before it can be used in a library computer.
An acceptable use policy must be on file for the students to access the internet.Students can access the library webpage to search for books at any time.
Students MUST have a student ID card to checkout library books. Student ID cards will be issued at the beginning of the year. Lost cards can be replaced for a $5.00 charge in the attendance office.
Students may check out library books for two weeks and renew books for two more weeks. Lost or damaged books will have to be paid for before students can check out more books. Students are allowed to check out 3 books at a time.
Students will receive an at-home set of textbooks at the beginning of the school year on schedule pickup day. These textbooks are to be kept at home for doing homework. Class sets will be provided in all classrooms. At the end of the school year students will be told when to return their at-home set of textbooks. Any student still owing textbooks from the previous year will not be able to get new textbooks until the other books are returned or paid for. Eighth grade students will not be able to pick up their schedule at the high school for 9th grade if they still owe library or textbooks at Warm Springs.
Library Resource Links:Check the card catalog - ONLINE (Click here)
Available from the library web page every hour, every day!
- One Search: can search multiple sources, including the collection of library books + databases such as Searchasaurus and Encyclopedia Britannica Online with one easy and time-saving search.
- Students are able to view a complete list of search results at one glance.Book Covers are visible in catalog.
- Shelf Browse - virtuallySearch Limiters: In addition to searching the traditional author, title subject searches, you can search by genre, lexile level, format and length (# of pages) MLA citation and formatting is included
- Personalize your library experience with the individual Student Login: User name: Your 9 digit student number
- Password: Your first name and grade level
- EXAMPLE: User name: 012345678 Password: suzie11
The Destiny Quest Mobile app makes our catalog a touch away from your device. While the interface is more simple than the web-based version, it allows you to search, place holds, view Resource Lists, get citation information, see our most popular titles and see new books as they arrive.
Click on the links below to download from iTunes and Google Play -free! When asked for library URL:library.murrieta.k12.ca.us
(You can download the Destiny Quest App to your Apple or Android devices)