We are excited to be able to offer our students the opportunity for personal growth and monitoring of their math progress through the Khan Academy, which is an online program. This program can be accessed anywhere that has internet access (at home, school etc). Students can make use of the extensive video library, practice exercises, and assessments from any computer with access to the web. Parents will have access to a variety of data reports about their child’s progress. Once registered in this academy, your child will be coached by one of our 8th grade math teachers. This program is an adaptive program, meaning that your child will work at their ability level and grow from there. This program can support your child through the academic career for free!
Steps to register your child:
- First, create a Google account by clicking here and selecting “create an account for free.” Please use your child’s 9 digit student identification number as their username, and please use “wildcats” as the password. It is important that all students use this method to create their accounts!
- Go to www.khanacademy.org
- AT the top right of the page click on “log in”.
- Once your child is registered you will receive an email confirming, please open the email and click on the link.
- You will be redirected back to the Khan Academy page.
- Click on the drop down menu on your child’s name to edit profile.
- Once on edit profile page click coaches found on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click add coach firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then send your coach, Mrs. Louden an email for information on your child’s starting point
- Click on About in the top upper right-hand corner to take a tour of the program.
For questions, please contact Mrs. Louden at email@example.com