Hi, I'm Mrs. Komenda, and welcome to our library webpage!Your kids will be coming once a week to check out books, or every other week if they are a 4th or 5th grader. The number of books they are allowed at a time depends on their grade level: K/1 get one at a time, 2/3 can chose two, and 4/5 can check out a maximum of three. Please teach your kids to remember to bring their library book/s when it is their library day, as they must have bring all their library books back to turn in or to renew in order to check out any new books.We have a wide selection of books for everyone's tastes, including popular fiction and non-fiction series, high-interest titles, and more. If there's something that we don't have, I keep a "Wish List" and add titles to it that kids and teachers request.We have two book fairs every year, at the beginning of the year to coincide with our Back-to-School Night, and again in the spring, usually in May. All proceeds from our book fairs are used to purchase new materials for the our library.I welcome volunteers to help in the library with shelving books and other library maintenance tasks. If you are interested in finding out about the minimal commitment and how you can help, please come in and introduce yourself.I'm looking forward to a wonderful year!~Mrs. KomendaP.S. Please have a conversation with your child about the importance of taking care of the books they check out from the library. Thank you! I've posted some tips to the right.
Be Responsible for the Books You Check Out
Please take care of our school’s library books so that others may enjoy them for years to come. If you check out a book and notice damage, tell Mrs. Komenda right away.
Please monitor your kids and ensure they are taking care of borrowed materials from the library.
- Read them with clean hands.
- Please no eating or drinking (especially sticky or greasy foods) when they are reading their books.
- No writing or coloring in books.
- Keep library materials away from pets and young siblings.
- Keep books clean and dry.
- *Tip - provide a large or oversize ziplock bag for your kids to put their library books in while in their backpacks. This keeps the books from getting dirty, bent, ripped, or wet should their water bottle leak.
- Do not take your library books into the bathroom to read.
- Keep them safe in your backpack so the pages and covers do not get bent or torn.
- Don't drop, throw, kick, toss, etc. them or leave them outside.
And, return your library books on time!