To make (Guest) disappear from your student user name in zoom, you must do the following:
- Log out of (not close) all programs using their student email (365, teams, outlook, canvas, google, etc.)
- Have this link handy (I saved it as a shortcut on his desktop): https://murrieta-k12-ca-us.zoom.us/
- Click on the link to our zoom and sign in to zoom before signing into anything else. If it automatically logs you in, then you didn’t sign out completely.
- You should only have to do this process once.
Also, If user names are showing up as a student's email address rather than their name, do this:
- Click Edit name under settings
- Then simply click “Save Changes” (Yes, even though you did nothing- May be a system glitch)
Q & A Videos
Q: How do I logon to Zoom for the first time?
Q: How do I enter my virtual classroom links in Zoom with my student login?
Q: How do I logon to Zoom on an iPad?
Q: How do I logon to Zoom on a Chromebook?
Q: Another user is logged on to my device in Zoom. How do I log them out so that I can log in?