In order for your child to receive the very best education possible, he or she needs to be in school every day. So much goes on in one day that the risk of missing important instruction or lab time can make the difference in a student's learning. We want all of our students to experience the most success possible. We realize, however, that students do get sick and will miss school. The law requires that we document these absences as excused or unexcused. Only parents or guardians can excuse a student's absence, provided the reason falls within the guidelines established by law. The only valid legal reasons to excuse a student's absence are:
- an illness or injury to the student
- a quarantine of the home by a county or city health official
- a medical, dental, optometry or chiropractic appointment
- other absences deemed justifiable by the school (religious holiday, family emergency, etc.)
We have available 24 hours a day for parents to report student absences. Dial 951-696-3503, stay on the line to leave a message. If you have any questions, please call Susan Carmichael at 951-696-3503, extension 3194 between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
When you call in your report we need the following information:
- student's full name
- student's grade
- name and relationship of person making the report
- date(s) of absence
- reason for absence
We want to thank you for helping us to maintain accurate records on your child.