Hey Future Wildcats!
Please see the most recent incoming 6th grade information below!
- March 24th is our 5th Grade Rally. Information/permission slips will be coming home soon from your 5th grade teachers. Alta and Buchannan 5th grade students will be bussed over to Warm Springs for a Middle School spirit rally.
- WSMS will be holding a 5th Grade Parent Night at our OPEN HOUSE event @ WSMS on March 16th!
- In April, WSMS counselors will be coming into 5th grade classrooms to discuss program and class opportunities with your students.
- Middle School course options: This will be discussed in more detail at a later date, however, we wanted to give you all a little information regarding our advanced and accelerated options. Your student will take 6 classes at WSMS: Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, Physical Education and an Elective course (options still TBD).
- Language Arts 6: All 6th grade students will take Language Arts 6 and will have the opportunity to pursue the Advanced Language Arts curriculum. Teachers will review the criteria for this class within the first week of school and students/parents will have the opportunity to decide if they would like to challenge themselves and enroll in this program. Upon completion of the requirements, student’s transcripts will be changed to reflect an “Advanced LA6” course title.
- Accelerated Math 6: Warm Springs Middle School does not offer an advanced pathway for math, however, we do offer an accelerated pathway. Accelerated Math is different from Advanced Math in that it does not go deeper into math standards, it simply moves at a much faster pace. 6th grade Accelerated Math will cover all of 6th grade standards and half of 7th grade standards. By 8th grade, accelerated students will be taking the advanced version of Math 1 (freshman level math). Students will be placed in Accelerated Math 6 by their iReady math scores in 5th grade. Students who place in the top 20% (80th percentile or higher) in window 2 or 3 of this test will be automatically enrolled in this course.