About Monte Vista Elementary
School Mission Statement
The mission at Monte Vista Elementary School is to provide a fun, empowering environment for lifelong success.
- In providing a safe and supportive learning environment;
- Everyone has the right to be treated with kindness, respect, and dignity;
- Perseverance and determination are key to achieving personal best;
- Open communication builds understanding and supports informed choices;
- Trust and cooperation are crucial elements for a successful school community;
- Responsibility and self-discipline are fundamental qualities for success!
Description of Campus:
Monte Vista Elementary School serves students in Kindergarten through Grade Five. Monte Vista opened in August of 2003 as the ninth elementary school in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. The school has 49 classrooms, a multipurpose room, speech and resource rooms, computer labs, library, cafeteria, administrative offices, staff lounge and two play areas. One play area is for kindergarten and the other is designated for students in grades 1-5. Child Care facilities for students in grades K-5 are located on campus in a separate room.
Monte Vista’s primary curricular goal is to provide students with a standards-based curriculum that is presented in a meaningful, fun, and empowering environment. Within teaching the academic standards, we aim to instill high moral standards. We strive to provide curriculum that promotes inquiry and discovery, and challenges students to rise to their highest potential. Through mutual collaboration and trust from teachers, parents and community, students will build foundational skills at each grade level that will provide them the building blocks for future success. Monte Vista strives to be recognized in the community as a place of pride where “Today’s Learners are Tomorrow’s Leaders.”
Dorothy McElhinney Middle School, Vista Murrieta High School
Monte Vista will be known for:
- Upon promotion from our school, students will be empowered with confidence, competence, and enthusiasm for future success.
- The administration will be a staff of dedicated professionals who are a supportive, proactive, motivational team within our school community.
- Colleagues will be an interdependent team promoting success for students beyond the classroom.
- The primary role of teachers will be to provide a fun and empowering environment.
- The curricula will be used as a tool to promote the academic and personal development of every child.
- Discipline issues will be dealt with in a professional manner by involving all parties and maintaining the dignity and respect of the individual.
- The most important criterion for measuring the success of a Monte Vista student will be the student's enjoyment for learning, enhancing both academic and interpersonal skills and their ability to transfer those skills to their daily lives.
- The school will be recognized in the community as a partner in a mutually beneficial relationship.