Anatomy and Physiology--Skeleton UnitBone Drawing Portfolio Due: October 26th Late projects will be graded down 10% excused or not!!!Skeletal Exam Scheduled for: October 26thDrawing Tips and Guidelines:
***Steps to Successful Drawing:
- "Draw what you see not what you know"
- Use a view finder (use your hands) to create an interesting composition
- Draw a point at the further most edges of skeleton to start
- Then lightly draw the exterior and interior contours looking more at the skeleton than at your paper
- Refine lines, restating where necessary, and use line variation to indicate darks
- Talk to yourself constantly while you are drawing
- Study and observe the lighted areas and the areas of bone in shadow: develop the darks slowly by carefully working from the light grays to the mid-grays to the dark grays and then finally to black
- DEVELOP TEXTURAL MARKS THAT SHOW 5 GRADUATIONS OF VALUE, 1 BEING WHITE AND 5 BEING BLACK (Make a 5 value scale to help yourself)
- Think about the actual texture of the bones and use marks that stimulate that texture
- Enjoy your experience as scientific illustrators and aesthetic artists.
LecturesDocumentsBone Web Links
Bone Practice Quizzes Bone Diagrams
Last Modified on December 20, 2012