Independent reading Requirement
1. You will submit a three-part document (may be longer). Please email, if possible. Type this in your subject line:Name, IR # ___, Period ___
2. Page #1: Plot summary
WRITE A SUMMARY IN PARAGRAPH FORM (INTRO-BODY-CONCLUSION).
3. Page #2: Analysis of a main character (protagonist or antagonist).
WRITE AN ANALYSIS IN PARAGRAPH FORM (INTRO-BODY-CONCLUSION).To write a complete analysis of character, be sure to consider: (do not create a "worksheet" to submit. Write paragraphs in which you consider the characterization techniques below)
• Effects on other people
• Direct characterization
4. Page #3: Personal response
WRITE A RESPONSE IN PARAGRAPH FORM (INTRO-BODY-CONCLUSION). Please do not attempt to answer each question as you respond. Try to consider them in your response.
- This is the page where you get to share your opinion and how you were able to relate to the text. I want to know how you liked the book and why. Below are some things to consider, but you do not have to write about each (or any), specifically.
- Four ways to relate to a book (text) are:
A. Text to self: How does the text relate to me?
B. Text to text: How is this text similar to other texts?
C. Text to World: Why does it matter for people to read this text?
D Text to itself: What are the distinguishing features of this text?
Formatting Directions: Type in Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Font: Size 12, Times New Roman
- Spacing: single-spaced
- Word count: Minimum 250 words per page. INDICATE THE NUMBER OF WORDS you typed for EACH SECTION