As of March 2020, the CDPH, CDC and Riverside Public Health System would like you to be aware of an outbreak of a contagious coronavirus named COVID-19.Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.cdc.gov.coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.htmlKnow how it spreads:
Things you can do to help prevent spread of this disease:
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with each other (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughts, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- Wash your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Cover coughts and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people you do not live with, 6 feet or two arm's lengths distance.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
- For more detailed information on protecting yourself and others, please see the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html
Last Modified on October 2, 2020