As of March 2020, the CDPH, CDC and Riverside Public Health System would like you to be aware of an outbreak of a contagious coronavirus named COVID-19.Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.cdc.gov.coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.htmlKnow how it spreads:
Things you can do to help prevent spread of this disease:
- COVID-19 is a new disease with new vaccines, information is rapidly emerging about how vaccines can help. Please refer to your medical provider or local Health Department for the most current information on vaccine recommendations and distribution. The link for Health Department is CDPH Home (ca.gov)
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with each other (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughts, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- Wash your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Cover coughts and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people you do not live with, 6 feet or two arm's lengths distance.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
- For more detailed information on protecting yourself and others, please see the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html
Last Modified on February 18, 2021