• MV logo

    If you are a current student at MVHS, complete the following steps to get a work permit:

    Please keep in mind that students must be hired prior to requesting a work permit  since employer information and supervisor signature need to be included on the "Intent to Employ" work permit application form.  Once the student has attained the job and the supervisor has signed the form, then it can be submitted for a work permit.
    1. Download the WORK PERMIT APPLICATION FORM (Students under 18 years of age who are being hired for a job must obtain a work permit). 
    2. Submit your completed (first three sections) of the Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work Permit application to Mrs. Velasquez (A-K) or Mrs. Finch (L-Z) in the MVHS Counseling Office.
    3. Please allow up to 24 to 48 hours to process your application. Your work permit will be ready for you to pick up at the front desk.
    4. Students must maintain a 2.0 or above GPA to qualify for a Permit to Employ and Work.
    5. Work Permits expire and it the student's responsibility to get in renewed. The renewal process is the same as the first application steps.

    Questions: Contact Mrs. Velasquez last names (A-K)  bvelasquez@murrieta.k12.ca.us or Mrs. Finch last names (L-Z)  CLFinch@murrieta.k12.ca.us if you have any questions.

    During the school Year:

    Students can download a work permit, fill out the information then turn in the completed form Mrs. Velasquez or Mrs. Finch, in the counseling office.

    You can also email a pdf copy of the completed (first three sections)  "Intent to Employ" to Mrs. Velasquez (A-K) bvelasquez@murrieta.k12.ca.us or Mrs. Finch (L-Z) CLFinch@murrieta.k12.ca.us

    During school breaks, spring break, summer vacation ( Offices are open until Friday, June 7, 2024), winter break:

    Students can download a work permit and must submit via email to Student Support or call 951.696.1600.

    Please note: Work Permit Turnaround Time (2-3 SCHOOL DAYS)

    If your student is interested in finding a job, there is a new free website to assist in the process. Please go to: www.JobsForTeensHQ.com

Last Modified on October 13, 2023