• Community Colleges

    What will you do after high school?
    Some jobs require a two year degree or a vocational certificate, and many careers require a four year college degree. The Community College experience can help bridge the gap between your career and educational goals. If you are not planning to attend a four year university directly out of high school, the community college may be the first jumping off point for you. They offer associate of arts and sciences degrees in over 100 programs of study. They also offer over 100 certificates in occupational specializations. The transfer to a four year university or college can be achieved through completion of your general education lower division course work at a local community college. Be sure to meet with a counselor regularly to make sure you are taking the appropriate transfer classes as designated by the articulation agreements between certain colleges and majors desired. In most cases you will be safe taking the IGETC or CSU GE patterns for transfer but for certain majors you should check with counselors at both the community college of attendance and desired transfer institution.
    University of California - Transfer Admission Guarantee
    Six out of the nice UC campus's offer guaranteed admission to transfer students.  To get more information please visit UC Transfer page here and look at the UC TAG Matrix here.
    Complete your Lower Division Requirements at a California Community College before transferring to a UC or CSU, by going to www.assist.org and look at an Articulation Agreement by major between a California Community College and a UC or CSU.
    General Ed Requirements
    Most students attend a community college to compete their GE requirements.  Those are actually called your Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum or the IGETC.  To learn more of the UC IGETC requirements click here.  Likewise, to learn more about the CSU IGETC requirements click here.  Assist.org also has great information just click here.
    Placement Tests
    There is a large number of California Community Colleges that will accept your EAP test scores from the junior year CAASPP test to determine placement.  To see if your local community colleges accepts those scores look here.  To find out more about which placement test your local community colleges uses look below.
    Mount San Jacinto College: Click here 
    Riverside City College: Click here 
    Palomar College: Click here
    Mira Costa College: Click here 

    Mount San Jacinto 

    Review this powerpoint for the latest information Click Here

Last Modified on January 28, 2021