***IB News & Updates***
IB EXAM REGISTRATION INFORMATION - MAY 2022 EXAMINATION SESSION
Murrieta Valley High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. This single system will offer families a convenient method for registering and paying for both IB and AP exams at a time that is convenient for families. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. You must register and pay for AP and IB exams separately but can use the same login information for both exam registrations. Payment for exams will not be accepted at the school.
Dates: Exams will not be ordered unless full payment is received.
- Registration Begins - Friday, October 1, 2021, at 7:30 AM.
- Regular Registration window ends - Sunday, November 7, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
- If payments are not received by this date, registrations will automatically incur a late fee per exam.
- Late Fee Registration window begins - Monday, November 8, 2021, at 12:01 AM
- Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam registration. Late fees are non-refundable.
- Late Registration Ends - Sunday, December 12, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
- If payments are not received by this date, registrations will be cancelled, and students will no longer be allowed to sign up for an IB exam.
- Last day to cancel an exam and receive a refund - Sunday, December 12, 2021. Late fees are non-refundable.
- $119.00 per IB exam
- $5 per IB exam for students who are enrolled in the district’s Free and Reduced lunch program for the 2021-2022 school year. Complete your fee reduction/waiver at https://fma.murrieta.k12.ca.us by applying for the free/reduced lunch program.
Where do I go to sign up for my IB exams? TotalRegistration.net/IB/052073 (This is a separate link from AP exams, but the same login info can be used for both systems.)
IB Exam questions - Please contact Mrs. Alanna Fields, IB Diploma Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Exam questions or Free/reduced lunch approvals - Contact Mrs. Nicole Castro at email@example.com
IB Program Enrollment Process
The IB Diploma Program is a highly respected, rigorous, college-prep program offered during 11th and 12th grades only at MVHS in our district. It provides students with an opportunity to expand their critical thinking, creative and communication skills, while potentially earning college credit, receiving a GPA boost, and gaining positive recognition in the college admissions process. Universities look favorably on the IB Diploma Program because they understand the rigor and preparation for college the IB Diploma Program provides, which leads to greater student success in college.
In early spring semester every year, we begin to plan for the next school year. Students who are interested in the IB Diploma Program are encouraged to watch our recorded PowerPoint providing an overview of the program HERE. You can also find information on our IB Brochure in important links.
- Students who may be interested in the IB Diploma Program and want more information, please click HERE. This will inform your counselor of your potential interest as you build your course plan for next year. Hopefully after attending the virtual parent meeting, your questions will be answered as well.
- Students who intend to enroll in the IB Diploma Program can complete the registration forms HERE to officially enroll in the program. Complete the forms electronically and email them to Mrs. Thornburg at firstname.lastname@example.org. The preferable deadline is Friday, February 19th. However, registration packets will be accepted after that deadline. Mrs. Thornburg, our IB Counselor, will meet with each potential student throughout February to discuss their two-year plans. Mrs. Mendoza-Montoya will meet with our AVID students interested in the IB Program.
Students and parents are invited to attend a virtual IB information event on Wednesday, February 10, 2021, at 6 p.m. We will provide details to the program, develop a potential two-year diploma plan and answer questions about the program with a panel of students, alumni and staff. We are excited to share all the changes to our course offerings, and show students what the program is all about. Please contact Mrs. Fields at email@example.com if you are interested in attending this event.