**IB NEWS AND UPDATES**
IB Exam Registration Instructions - Exams in May 2021
Dear Parents and Students,
Murrieta Valley High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. This single system will offer families a convenient method for registering and paying for both IB and AP exams at a time that is convenient for families. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. You must register and pay for AP and IB exams separately but can use the same login information for both exam registrations. Payment for exams will not be accepted at the school.
Dates: Exams will not be ordered unless full payment is received.
- Registration Begins - Monday, September 21, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
- Regular Registration window ends - Friday, November 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
- If payments are not received by this date, registrations will automatically incur a late fee to per exam.
- Late Fee Registration window begins - Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 12:01 AM
- Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam registration. Late fees are non-refundable.
- Late Registration Ends - Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
- If payments are not received by this date, registrations will be cancelled, and students will no longer be allowed to sign up for an IB exam.
- Last day to cancel an exam and receive a refund - Sunday, December 13, 2020. Late fees are non-refundable.
- $119.00 per IB exam
- $5 per IB exam for students who are enrolled in the district’s Free and Reduced lunch program for the 2020-2021 school year. See attached flyer for instructions.
- Where do I go to sign up for my IB exams? TotalRegistration.net/IB/052073
- How do I create an account?
Use your school email to create an account and password for yourself. If you created an account last year, please use that account. Make sure you type your name as it appears on official school records. (Parent accounts should NOT be created, as each account must be unique to the student.)
- Does this work for both AP and IB?
Although your user account name and password are the same, you must register and pay for your AP and IB exams through the separate Total Registration Links.
- What does IB Candidate Category mean?
Anticipated – 11th grade full diploma student
Course – 11th or 12th grade student in an IB class
Diploma- 12th grade full diploma student
- What exams do I choose?
Select the exams you plan to take in May 2021 only. Make sure to select if it is HL or SL.
Full diploma 12th grade students must also select TOK and their EE subject area.
Full Diploma 11th grade students do NOT select TOK and EE options.
Do NOT register for a test if you are in the first year of an HL class.
- What are my payment options? *Exams are not ordered until paid in full.
It is recommended you pay by credit card at the time of registration.
Families can choose to pay by credit card in separate installments until the end of the registration window. If paying in installments, students should only register for the exams they are paying for at that time and register for additional exams when they are ready to make the next payment. Payments not received by November 6th will result in late fees per exam and exams not being ordered until full payment is received.
The system allows for families to pay by check, but checks must be sent to Total Registration by the above deadlines. Instructions are provided within the site if this option is pursued. Do NOT send payments to the school.
- What if I am on free/reduced lunch?
Students in the free/reduced lunch program must check the box indicating this status. Students will not be able to pay immediately at the time of registration. Their registration will be paused until Mrs. Castro confirms participation in the Free/Reduced lunch program for the 2020-2021 school year. Please give 24-48 hours turn-around for this to be approved. Please do not wait until the last day, as this process will cause a delay. Once approved, families can go back into the system to pay for the IB exams. Here is the flyer with information on applying for this program.
- How do I know if my registration is complete?
Registration is not complete until you click “confirm registration”. Print your confirmation page for your records when registration is complete. Verify accuracy of exams and levels before confirming your registration.
- Will IB offer exams this year?
At this time, IB plans to offer exams in May 2021, and has modified the exams to account for the loss of learning as a result of school closures and virtual learning. If exams are cancelled, as they were in May 2020, students will still earn a score for the exam based on the official internal and external assessments the students complete within the class. Students will continue to receive college credit for passing scores of these modified exam sessions.
IB Exam questions - Please contact Mrs. Alanna Fields, IB Diploma Coordinator at email@example.com
AP Exam questions or Free/reduced lunch approvals - Contact Mrs. Nicole Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org