Español II 2020: Classwork #2.3 (still U2E3) - In the big city (like DF),
discuss with classmates family and friends what you "like" to do# Date Classwork
1. 28 of Feb Take brief notes as classmates present their "Cuento
para niños (10-15 classmates).
2. 3/4 of Mar Comment on the short film "Cuerdas." Write a paragraph
about what you liked & why. How does it apply to your life?
3. 5/6 of Mar 2 Quizzes (shorter if you have homework/notes):
a. Write 5 (or 10) new vocab words / phrases to share/study
b. Write 5 (or 10) notes from classmates
Español II 2020: Classwork #2.2 (still U2E2) - Tell the children's story
you are creating to classmates, family, and friends. Be bold☺!# Date Classwork
Q's for children's stories:
info de fondo: ¿Quién era el personaje principal? ¿Cómo era? ¿Qué hacía?
La meta / el problema: ¿Qué quería? ¿Cuál era el problema?
Acción: ¿Qué hizo para lograr su meta or superar el problema?
El resulatdo: ¿Qué pasó al final? ¿Cómo estaban todas?
el 10/11 of Feb Write 5-10 Valentine's Phrases (from the class list)
el 12/13 of Feb Complete a short quiz on Preterit and Imperfecto.
"There was a turtle..." = ? (Había una tortuga)
el 18/19 of Feb Another Pret / Imp quiz: Progressive and "Pret or Imp?"
el 20/21 of Feb A third quiz on Pret and Imp: Read about the anniversary.
Español II 2020: Classwork #2.1 (U2E2) - Classwork is a great time
to practice what you want to say outside of class☺. Talk to someone☺!# Date Classwork1. 14/15 of Jan From the 10 most difficult MC Final problems,write notes to help you learn from them andprep for a quiz (and to use this knowledge)2. 16/17 > 29/30 Listen to presentations about "break" andJanuary write 5-10 summaries (apodo, fact & a question).3. 23/24 of Jan Create a personal 3x5 card: pic at 8 years old,school schedule; likes at school and home and goals4. 16/17 of Jan Copy 2 lines of "Tu Sonrisa" by Elvis Crespo5. 29/30 of Jan Prep for the U2E2 Exam"1. "Escuchar" - write a few lines you understood2. Read the "Lectura" - write a few lines, reaction3. Grammar / Culture: progressive/past/Mex quake4. Prep the Speaking part (answer 4 questions)5. Writing about the past (How you were, a party, etc.)Trabajo de clase is due 4 /5 of Feb for full credit.
Sp II 2019: Classwork #5: Classwork can be studied☺!
# date Spiral classwork
1. 4/5 of Dec Write notes in Mas Practica pages 45 (short and long
possessive adjs) and page 47 (Imperfect tense)
2. 4/5 of Dec Play Jeopardy to review U2E1. Write 5+ answers
and questions. Write more notes: p 46 (Reflexive verbs)
3. 11/12 of Dec Review for the Mult. Choice Final by writing 10+
phrases (vocab, grammar and cultural)
4. 11/12 of Dec Pre-write the Writing Final (4 paragraphs). Use
"Trabajo de clase" is due Dec 13/16. Show work to Sr. C. Do not
turn it in. Keep it so you can use it to study for the Final.
Sp II 2019: Classwork #4: When classwork spills over into your life,
and your life does the same...you've got something.
# date Spiral classwork
1. 12/13 de Nov a. Play "2 truths and a lie" in groups of 4 (per 1/2 and 4).
Write 10 sentences about what you learned about each
b. Take a "Reverse" vocab quiz - Write 10 unknown words
from the U1E3 list (p.95) and learn them (draw them...)
2. 14/15 of Nov a. Complete the "Nationalities" Worksheet (a>d)
b. Complete the U1E3 vocab quiz on the back of the wkst.
3. 18/19 of Nov U1E3: ¿Viste las noticias? Write the topics to be under-
in this Etapa
Turn in Trabajo de clase el 22 de nov / 2 de diciembre for full credit☺.
Sp II 2019: Spiral Classwork #3 - U1E2: Classwork is completed in class,
but it ought to stay on my mind long after leaving class☺!
# date Spiral classwork
1. 17/18 of Oct Write notes on Irregular preterit verbos (p. 40/61)
2. 21/22 of Oct List characters of Coco (6-8).Think about Coco: What
did Miguel say and want? What did Miguel find out about
Great great abuela? (use irregular preterit - p.61 of text)
3. 23/24 of Oct Use irregular preterit and stem-changers to comment
on "Coco" (art, food, action) What did they do?
What do they prefer? Be creative☺. 15+ sentences
4. 29/30 of Oct Eval #3 / U1E2 practice mc test. Write 10+ answers plus
anything that will help you with this material☺ and the
3 paragraph writing about your cultural date night.
Sp II 2019: Spiral Classwork #2 - EP: Classwork is completed in class,
but it ought to stay on my mind long after leaving class☺!
# date Spiral classwork
1. 24/25 of Sept Immersion PowerPoint: Write/apply and share
2 (or more) topics. 1. Exps of Sr. C 2. Fail forward
3. Bilingual brain benies 4. Learning Sp in Sp. 5. Lower
anxiety 6. Social/Emotional Learning 7. Brain Science:
neuroplasticity 8 Circumlocution.
2. 24/25 of Sept Write your classmates' "apodos"...a good list.
There will be a quiz on "apodos" (nicknames).
3. 2/3 of October Read, summarize and comment on the article about
fires in the Amazon. Why is the Amazon important
and what are the causes of the fires.
4. 2/3 of October With 4 mariachi songs, write what happened or
what people did in the songs. Make comments☺!
5. 8/9 of October Notes and practice with conversations and
presentations in the preterit.
Turn in Trabajo de clase #2 el 10/11 de octubre for full credit.
Sp II 2019: Spiral Classwork #1 - EP: Some of my best friends are
going to come from this class. I can just feel it☺!
# date Spiral classwork
1. 16/19 of Aug "Explain" 15 words using 3 tools for circumlocution:
Draw (Pictionary) 5, Act out (Charades) 5 and
Describe (Headbands) 5. (Draw and label 15 words)
2. 20/21 of Aug Same as above, but use vocab from Etapa Preliminar,
page 1-21. Groups of Pinguinos (4).
3. 22/23 of Aug Read the article about ice cream (lectura = a reading)
Write 5-10 Cognates and complete the handout (#1-#5)
4. 26/27 of Aug Read, Complete and Color pages 3-10 in the cognate
packet (15 min).
5. 28/29 of Aug Read, Complete and Color pages 3-10 in the cognate
packet (15 min).
6. 30 of Aug / Write the 3 Mnemonic devices for 20 Spanish speaking
3 of Sept Countries (My Gorilla...Victor can't...Every Child...)
Sp II-2019: Spiral classwork - U3E2: If doing chores lead to
fun activites, then let's get 'em done☺!
# date Spiral work
1. 29/30 of April a. discuss pic: la playa (actividades, ropa, etc.)
b. Make a vocab list of 10 words (U3E2) to study
2. 1/2 of May a. pics = Chores
b. Create U3E2 vocab lista #2 (10 words to study)
3. 3/6 of May a. piñata commands (Tú commands)
b. Tó command worksheet - side A
4. 7/8 of May a. pic = Chores: How do you do your chores?
b. complete U3E2 vocab (side B of handout)
c. Cinco de mayo info - 5-10 facts
5. 9/10 of May a. pic = Manatee How do they do stuff? (Adverbs)
b. Prep Speaking Final (1/2 sheet handout: U2E2)
c. Song: Ven conmigo (write tú commands)
6. 13/14 of May a. video = el Yunque
b. Speaking Final ( U2E3)
c. Song: No me des falsas esperanzas (phrases / ideas)
7. 15/16 of May a. pic = test anxiety / nervous Spongebob ¿Como está? b. MC Practice Test (1-25) with 50+ notes c. Lecturas #1 / Writing Final practice
8. 17/20 of May a. pic = happy spongebob ¿Qué acaba de hacer? b. MC Practice (26-50) - 50+ notes c. Lecturas #2 / Writing Final practice
9. 21/22 of May a. pic = a sick person (¿Por qué está enfermo?) b. Lecturas #3
c. Writing Final practice
Spiral U3E3 due May 23/24 for full credit
Sp II-2019: Spiral classwork - U3E1: Exercising and eating
nutritiously is good. Being healthy and happy is the payoff☺!
Spanish is a lot like that☺!
# date Spiral work
1. 29 of March Write 10 commentaries about "Night at the
Museum:" Preterit, Imperfect, present, progressive,
IOP's, DOP's. Why is this story so good???
2. 9/10 of April a. pic = comida saludable vs comida no saludable
b. Lista #1 - 10 new vocab words from U3E1
c. 5-10 more phrases about "Night at the Museum."
3. 11/12 of April a. pic = smurf brushing teeth & boy se despierta mal
b. create List #2 of vocab from U3E2
c. Apuntes: DOP's and reflexive verbs
d. Finish Noche en el museo...didn't finish it:-(
4. 15/16 of April a. commands like a drill Sargeant
b. Create List #3 of U3E2 vocab
c. Apuntes: Ud. and Uds. commands (+ and -)
d. 5+ thoughts about Noche en el museo
5. 17/18 of April a. pic = como entrenar a tu dragón
b. Writing for the U3E1 Exam
c. Noche en el museo - observations
6. 19/22 of April a. pic = guy and girl in daily routine
b. Writing for the U3E1 Exam - Peer edit
Spiral de U3E1 is due el 25/26 de abril for full credit.
Sp II-2019: Spiral classwork - U2E3: Ya gotta break some eggs
to make an omelet. Allow speaking mistakes. Be a fearless speaker☺!
# date Spiral work
1. 7/8 of March Watch video on El palacio de Bellas artes and write
about what you saw and thought (3-5 minutes).
Share with others!
2. 11/12 of March a. pic = lots of plates of food
b. Food that you want (DOP's) and Food that I give
to others (IOP's)
c. Vocab list #1 (U2E3)
3. 13/14 of March a. pic = Night at the Musuem
b. Vocab list #2 (U2E3)
c. Notes: DOP's (p. 152) and IOP's (p. 154)
4. 15/18 of March a. pic = Teotihucán video (what do you think?
b. Vocab list #3
c. Notes: Double Object Pronouns (p. 157)
5. 19/20 of March a. pic = Chilaquiles (yummy dish)
b. Restaurant rap - 5-10+ "pairs" of sentences
6.21/22 of March a. plays / works of the teater (comments)
b. Another rap ("verbs like gustar or ?)
c. Finish MC Test / Short Exam paragraphs
Spiral Logs are due 27/28 of March for full credit.
Sp II-2019: Spiral classwork - U2E3: Let your speaking
resemble your writing...through practice☺!
# date Spiral work
1. 19/20 of Feb 1. pic = dog on water 2. classmates stories
2. 21/22 of Feb 1. pic = Fantastic Mr. Fox 2. Brief summary
of "Tío Zorro" story (5-10 sentences)
3. 25/26 of Feb 1. pic = Popo & Izta (summarize story)
4. 27/28 of Feb 1. pic = Duck or boy fishing (create a short story)
5. 1/4 of March 1. Write 10+ facts and questions about story
2. Write several phrases from Selena's "512"
song in preterit and imperfect.
6. 5/6 of March Write a reflection about your "Cuento para niños."
What was good? What did you learn? etc
Spiral Logs are due 7/8 of March for full credit.
Sp II: Spiral classwork - U2E2: Let writing and reading...
...improve your speaking and listening☺!
*the date Trabajo del "Spiral" (in-class assignments)
1. el 15/16 de enero Write for 3+ minutes (as much Spanish as possible) about
the topics of the day: movies, football, family and activities of
classmates. Be sure to get 2-3 "peer Revisions" to improve.
2. el 17-18 de enero 1. "Describe the pic" - with as much Spanish as possible (3 minutes)
2. Write brief notes about the Progressive tenses (present / past).
3. Write about prepping a party & what people are "doing" (get peer edited☺)
3. el 22/23 de enero Write: 1. picture (p. 123), 2. notes and 3. Use transitional words.
4. el 24/25 de enero Write: 1. picture (p125) 2. Use Preterite and Imperfect to Describe "The Book of Life" and share your opinions...¿Qué te gustó?
5. el 28/29 de enero Write / Read others: 1. pic - U2E2 2. earthquake 3. 3-5 sentences
to make a small story (beginning, middle, end)
6. el 30/31 de enero Write / Read others: 1. romper la piñata 2. 5-10 sent: Book of Life
7. el 1/4 de febrero Write / Read others: 1. pic - "Había un vez..." 2. 10 sent from
presentations of the "Cuento breve"
8. el 5/6 de febrero Write / Read others: 1. pic big-eyed Cat "¿Qué está haciendo?"
Spiral U2E2 is due el 7/8 de febrero (Thurs/Fri) for full credit (write about 1/2 page each day)
Esp II - Spiral classwork: U2E1
# the date the work (in-class assignments)
1. 6/7 of Dec Notes on Possessive adjectives (mío, tuyo, etc) see
2. 6/7 of Dec Write half to 1 page of notes on U1E1 (Review for Final).
Include 2-3 sentences, a "Q" and a picture for each topic.
Build comments that have context and evoke emotion☺.
3. 10/11 of Dec Write note on the imperfect tense. What is it? What does
it do? How do you form it? See page 112
4. 12/13 of Dec Write a 4 paragraph roughdraft of your Final "Essay."
Make personal references to add interest.
Spiral Work for U1E3 and U2E1 are due Wed / Thurs for full credit
Esp II - Spiral classwork: U1E3
1 13/14 of Nov Discuss "la muerte" (Stan Lee, Coco,
a pet and some one personal)
2. 15/16 of Nov a. Notes: verbs that change in the preterit
(see pages 84-85)
b. Write a critique on "Coco." Comment on
the film, the characters, day of the dead,
the music, the culture, etc
3. 29/30 of Nov Write 5 to 10 facts about newspapers (p. 88-
89) and Miami (p. 90-91).
4. 30 of Nov / Play "Rey de la fila" with U1E3 questions.
3 of Dec Write 10-20 answers to questions.
Sp I Diario Log #2.3 - Do Diarios realy help☺? Find out!!
# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)
1. 9/10 of May a. Describe the problems of the characters in McFarlandUSA. What are they doing to resolve them?b. How are the characters changing or growing?c. How do hard work, good effort and kindness pay-off?2. 23/24 of May Play "Command baseball-Total Bases." Get 2+ commandscorrect in each of the 4 columns (single to Homerun).3. 25/29 of May Complete the Ud / Uds / and Tú commands in "SillasMusicales" (the the back of "Command Baseball).4. 25/29 of May Create a list 10 minimum) of things you don't know fromthe M.C. Practice Test.5. 30/31 of May a. Extra credit for the small Exam for U3E2: + Tú commands,Chores, -Tú commands and adverbs.b. Write 1 or 2 paragraphs from the Final Exam Writingprompt. Peer edit classmates paragraphs.Diario Log #2.3 is due June 5/6 (Tuesday / Wednesday) for full credit. With80% of better, this Diario Log score will replace a bad one with 75%.Sp II Diario Log #2.2 - Do Diarios really help☺! Find out!!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 2/5 of Mar What are 10 talking points of the 1985 earthquakein Mexico City (Sept 19 at 7:17 AM)?2. 6/7 of Mar Write a list of verbs (5+) that take IOP's and / orDOP's. Use the "List of 81 verbs" handout. Now writesome Q and A's (5-10) using IOP's and DOP's.Example: ¿Porqué das azucar a Dr. P? ¿Se lo doy porque le fascina!Remeber "lelo is a bobo" - "Se" takes the place of "le" or "les" in double OP'sto make it sound better☺3. 16/17 of Mar Write Paragraphs #3 and #4 for the Exam "Excritura."#3 = What happened in the restaurante (DOP's, IOP'sleading to Double OP's)#4 = What happened after? A play? A movie???4. 19/20 of Apr Draw an label 5+ vocab words / phrases from U3E1.Give Ustedes commands to your pics.Make a little story out of it for more fun☺!5. 19/20 of April Play command "béisbol" and get at least 8 correctanswers. The more the better!Diario Log #2.2 is due, finally, the 1st/2nd of May for full credit.Sp II Diario Log #2.1 - Don't get sick. Do your Diarios☺!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 17/18 of Jan Using the sem. 1 M.C. Final, create 20+ NEWsentences based on the easy questinos anddifficult questions.2. 2/5 of Feb Worksheet: Complete the story, "Los buenos amigos"and side 2, Preterit and Imperfect for stories.3. 6/7 of Feb Begin the storytelling project by writing a brief outline.Include background info for the beginning, a problemand action for the middle and a feelings and a resolutionfor the end. Keep it brief and 8-10 short sentences!4. 22/23 of Feb While listening to the children's stories, write one wordthat you hear (prerterit, imperfect and progressive) fromeach story...20-30 words.5. 26/27 of Feb Complete the U2E2 Prueba de práctica: preterit, imperfect,and progressive. Get at least 20 answers!Diario Log #2.1 is now due. Have it in by 28 of Feb / 1 of March for full credit!Sp II Diario Log #2.3 - Hablar para divertirse! 4-Square Review☺!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 9 May Begin the 4-Square review of Spanish II: Completethe 4-square review (4 Q's and A's) of Etapa Preliminar.2. 9 May Complete a 4-Square review for U1E1.3. 11 MayComplete a 4-Square review for U1E2.4. 11 May Complete a 4-Square review for U1E3.5. 11 May Complete a 4-Square review for U2E1.Sp II Diario Log #2.1 - Leprechauns and Diarios are both lucky☺!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 16 of March A review of the comprehension questions for the Children'sStory: 1. ¿Cómo se llamaba tu cuento? ¿Cómo eran lospersonajes? ¿Qué pasó? ¿Cómo se sentían al final?2. 22 of March Describe "Tangled" (Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and Maxamus)for 3 minutes (Spanish questions, statements and English).There needs to be 10-15 phrases for full credit.3. 10 of March a. Complete 3 exercises (minimum) from the DOP / IOP /Double Object Pronoun worksheet.14 of March b. Complete the U2E3 Mult. Choice Quiz. Write out 10+questions and answers.4. 16 of March U2E3 Speaking practice using IOP's , DOP'S and Double ObjectPronouns. Complete 2 or 3 minimum.5. 7 April Use Ud. and Uds. commands to help teachers and friends:a. Complete handout of 25 "command" situations.b. Create 10+ situations that call for commands. Use vocab with avariety of commands...10+ (positive, negative, with and w/opronouns).Sp II Diario Log #2.1 - January Showers bring floods of Diarios☺!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1 11 of Jan "Speed friendshipping" - Describe yourself the sharewith classmates for two minutes☺2. 17 of Jan Describing a pic for 2 minutes (Samuel the cook)3. 19 of Jan Describing a pic for 3 minutes (Maria y Sara)4. 23 of Jan Describing a pic: 3 min (vacuuming guy)5. 23 of Jan Complete MP Escuchar pages 49-50 (acts 1, 3...)6. 25 of Jan Describing a video Using U2E2 material (Me voy)7. 8 of Feb Describing a video for 3 min. Popocatépetl andIztaccíhuatl" http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=popo+e+itza+danza&view=detail&mid=C41EE46A6E38C4282FD7C41EE46A6E38C4282FD7&FORM=VIREDiario Log #2.1 is due Wed (full credit + 1 peso☺) or Friday for full credit.Sp II Diario Log #2.3 - April Showers bring May Diarios☺!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 26/27 of April Complete the "Extra Credit" for U3E1:1. Ud commands, 2 Uds commands,3. Commands & Pronouns, 4. Irregs2. 12/13 of May Read about 'el cinco de mayo" and answer9 questions.3. 16/17 of May Practice + and - Tú commands. First give 5 + Túcommands. then give their "-" equivalent.4. 18/19 of May Complete the 3 sections of the "Extra Credit" forU3E2: + tú commands, - tú commands and adverbs.5. 24/25 of May Write or copy the 4 paragraph Final Essay for practice.6. 26/27 of May Create 10-15 questions for the Speaking Final: 1. Intro,2. describe the picture, 3. What happened before?Diario Log #2.3 is due 31 of May / 1 of June for full credit.Sp II Diario Log #2.2 - Leprchons do Diarios for good luck☺!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1 18/19 of February Story telling notes: take notes on 10-15 stories (author,title, main character, preterit and imperfect)2. 22/23 of February Write what you know about the Preterit, Imperfect andthe Progressive tenses. Use this info to create a 3x5 cardto be used on the U2E2 exam (Feb 24/24).3. 7/8 of March Create 10 drawings of Double Object Pronouns in use.Ex. 1 - He serves the potatoes to the studentsEx. 2 - We gave the dirty napkins to the waiter.4. 15/16 of March a. Complete the "extra credit" for the U2E3 Exam(DOP's, IOP's and Double OP's)b. Write a rough draft for the U2E3 Exam Essay.5. 15/16 of April a. Create 20 commands from Baseball handout:5 singles, 5 doubles, 5 triples and 5 "honrones"b. Create 5 commands for teachers (Ud.) & 5 for friends (Uds)*Earn 2 pesos by writing 10 errors and the corrections from the Children's Story!Sp II Welcome 2016! Diario Log #2.1 - The Force can help with Diarios☺!
# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1 19/20 of January Complete "Verbos revueltos" (hand out - side 1)2. 21/22 of January Complete the crossword - Preterit and Imperfect(handout - side 2)3. 25/26 of January From the handout, complete "mi viaje a Zambia" inthe preterit tense.4. 2/3 of February From the handout (side 2) complete 6 sentences: ¿Quéhacías? or ¿Qué estabas haciendo? Use the Imperfect &the Past Progressive tenses. (A las dos, yo bailaba)5. 10/11 of February Complete the "Irregular verb" handout (side 1) the "ElMono Jorge" paragraph.Diario Log #2.1 is due February 16/17 for full credit.Sp II - Diario Log #2.4 - Finish your chores and Go to the beach!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 22/26 of May Complete the "Cinco de mayo" Quiz using thehandout (class copy)Sp II - Diario Log #2.3 - Health and Fitness...and Diarios in Puerto Rico!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 14/15 of April Copy, Complete and Study "En una Mirada: U3E1."2. 16/17 of April Create a tic-tac-toe game w/ examples of "PronounPlacement." Play two games. Translate all answers.3. 22/23 of April Write 20 sentences, commenting on the movie, "DeRegreso a Casa" (Homeward Bound). Use the grammarconcepts from U3E1.4. 28/29 of April Read the U3E1 notes (handout) and complete 20 commands(see the backside of the handout)5. 5/6 of May A. Complete the "Extra Creidt" for U3E1.B. Write 10 words / phrases from "Ecuchar" of U3E1.Absent? Write the words / phrases from U3E1 vocab list.Diario Log #2.3 is due Friday / Monday, 8 / 11 of May for full credit!Sp II - Diario Log #2.2 - Restaurants, movies, theaters...and Diarios! All good!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 4/5 of March Write 20 errors & corrections from the Children's story.2. 6/9 of March Copy and study "En una mirada: U2E3)3. 12/13 of March Write 10+ comments on Children's stories readings. Usethe "verbs like gustar" from U2E3 vocab.4. 17/18 of March Complete half of both sides of the IOP / DOP handout5. 20 of March A. Write 10 sentences to prep for the U2E3 Essay.B. Complete the U2E3 "Extra Credit"C. Write 10 phrases from U2E3 "Escuchar."Diario Log #2.2 is due Thursday, April 14/15 for full credit.Sp II - Welcome 2015! Diario Log #2.1 - Like "Annie" - I love ya, Diario!
# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 13/14 of January A. Preview U2E2: Apply the vocab to your break:Write 10 sentences using U2E2 vocab & EnglishB. Review semester 1: Create 3 sentences per Etapa(EP to U2E1...5 etapas = 15 sentences)2. 15/16 of January Copy "En una Mirada de U2E2." Then use it to studyand check your understanding of U2E2☺3. 22/23 of January While watching "La Misma Luna" write 25 sentencesbased on U2E2 grammar (1. present progressive,2. past progressive, 3. Preterit, 4. Imperfect 5. bothPreterit and Imperfect in the same sentence.4. 19 of Feb Write 15 commentaries on classmates Children'sStories.5. 25/26 of Feb a. Complete "Extra Credit " prep for U2E2 Examb. Write 10 phrases from the "Listening" from U2E2Diario Log #2.1 is due Wed / Thurs (25/26 of Feb) for full credit.Sp II - Diario Log #2.5 - Chores or Beach? Both! Diarios or Tarea? BOTH!!# date the Diario1. 13/14 of May Complete the "At a Glance" for U3E2 (pages 194-215).Get the "5 good questions" from a classmate of Sr. C.2. 14 of May Complete 20 "tú commands" from the Baseball handout.(this is on the backside of the Ud/Uds. handout)3. 19/20 of May Read and answer questions from "Lecturas para el Final"(Readings for the Final - Handout). Include at least 3answers for each of the 3 readings (9 total minimum).4. 21/22 de Mayo Complete the prueba for "el cinco de mayo."# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1 21/22 of April A. Read "En context" on pages 174-175 and answer"preguntas personales" in complete sentences.B. Use the handout to prepare to play charades / baseball2. 25/28 of April A. Read "En vivo" (page 176-177) and write 10 sentences. Notewhich sentences have the following; a. pronouns, b. Commands,and c. Reflexives.B. Read "En voces" on pages 188-189 and write 5 facts aboutPuerto Rico.3. 29/30 of April Complete the "Test Rehearsal" for U3E1 (a handout).4. 29/30 of April A. Read the model essay for U3E1 and copy / create 10 sentences.B. Listen to the U3E1 Exam and write 10 phrases.C. Complete the "extra credit" for U3E1: a. 3 Ud. commands,b. 3 Uds. commands, c. 3 commands with pronouns andd. the 5 irregular commands from U3E1.5. 7/8 of May Draw and identify 15 words / phrases from the U3E2 vocab. list.Diario Log #2.4 is due Friday / Monday (May 9/12) for full credit.Sp II - Diario Log #2.3 - Luck is great, but we don't need it to complete Diarios!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 19/21 of March A. Read the U2E3 model essay and write 5 "a/b" sentences.("a" = with IO's / DO's and "b" = with IOP's and DOP's)B. Listening to the 'Listen" portion of the U2E3 Exam and write 10+words of phrases in Spanish that you hear.2. 20/21 of March Extra credit prep. for the U2E3 Exam:A. list all DOP's B. List all IOP'sC. list 6 verbs that take IOP's & / or DOP'sD. List 5 combinations of Double Object Pronouns3. 9/10 of April A. Watch "El Chavo del Ocho, episode 1" and answer, "Who hits whom."At least 4 people hit each other.B. Using U3E1 vocabulary, draw and label 15 words / phrases.
4. 14/16 of April Write 10 correct sentences using your Essay from U2E35 17/18 of April Complete the "En una Mirada" for U3E1Diario Log #2.3 is due Monday / Tuesday, April 21/22 for full credit...Yea!Sp II, Diario #2.2 - Top o' the morning to ye! Earn 100%!# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 24/25 of February Create a "En una Mirada" for U2E3 by writing the title of the etapa,the 3 goals, the 3 grammar points and the pages and titles for"notas culturales," "También se dice" and special vocabulary .2. 26/27 of February Write 10 correct sentences from U2E2 essay3. 28 de February A. Read pages 146-147 and answer the 6 "Preguntaspersonales."B. Read pages 148-149 & Copy 10 sentences / phraseswith IOP's / DOP'S or even double object pronounsC. Write 5 sentences using "Apuntes breves" onverbs like "Gustar." It could be fun!4. 10/11 of March Write 20 sentences (a and b) - first with the IO and DO, thenwith the IOP and DOP with a little more...example:1a. Yo le pido los tacos a usted.b. Yo se los pido porque me encantan los tacos.5. 14/17 of March A. Read the Lectura ("reading") from the U2E3 exam and create5 questions (IO's &/or DO's) and 5 answers (IOP's &/or DOP's)to help understand it.B. Read either p. 160-1 (Teotihuacán) or p. 162-3 (Mexican food)and make 5 comments using verbs like "gustar" (see page 155in the text).Diario Log #2.2 is due March 19 for period 1. Period 2 has the CASHEE Exam, it will be dueMarch 21 for you.Sp II, Welcome 2014! Diario Log #2.1 - Unlike "FROZEN", don't let it go!
# the date the Diario (in-class assignments)1. 14/15 of January What did you do over break? Answer 6 questions with30 answers.2. 16/17 of January 2A - Complete the "At a Glance" for U2E2 following themodel given in class.2B - Answer the questions from "En context" on page 125.3. 23/24 of January Write 10 correct sentences from the Semester 1 Final essay.4. 27/28 of January Write 20 sentences while watching "Hercules" in Spanish.a. Progressive tenses (present and past)1. What are they doing at a certain time?2. What were they doing during an "event" or "time."b. Preterit - Who did what?c. Imperfect - Describe the situation / person in the past5. 31 of Jan / 3 of Feb Complete Battleship: Irregular verbs verbs. #1 Translate 10 verbs,#2 Write the verb endings, #3 Conjugate 20 verbs, #4 Play - 10 min.6. 4/5 of February Complete Battleship: Imperfect Reflexive as Diario # 5 (See #5 -
write the reflexive Pronouns somewhere).7. 18/19 of February Write the rough draft of two belated Valentine's. Then transferthe message to a Valentine that you cut out.8. 18/19 of February Copy 10 sentences from the U2E2 essay model.9. 20/21 of February Listen and write 10 words / phrases from "Escuchar" on U2E210. 20/21 of February Take an Imperfect / Preterit Quiz - 10 verbs into the 2 tensesDiario Log #2.1 is now due for full credit on Monday, Feb 24 and Tuesday,
Feb 25 (A and B days). Turn it in later for 10% off each day late._________________________________________________________________________________________Diario Log #2.3 for Sp II: complete your diarios correctly!# Date Diario (in-class assignments)
1. the 14/15 of March Complete the Command worksheet on back of
of "Apuntes U3E1." These include all types of
commands (tú, Ud. Uds, positive and negative)
2. the 18/19 of March A. Complete the Mult. Choice test (1-20)
with 10 "phrases or sentences"
B. What are 10 of the U3E1 prompt ?'s
3. the 22 of March / Copy the 4 goals for U3E2 on page192. Read pages
April 8 196-7 and answer the 4 "preguntas personales."
4. the 9/10 of April A. Write and correct 10 errors or write 10 sentences
from U3E1 essay.
B. Write notes of Affirmative "tú" commands
(see page 202 of text - include irregulars)
5. the 15/16 of April Complete the Cooperative Quizzes for U3E1 in
preparation for another test on U3E1
6. the 11/12 of April Define 18 and Conjugate 9 Reflexive verbs, and play
7. the 19/ 22 de April Complete and play "Command Baseball."
8. the 30/ 6 (CST testing) Copy the title of U3E3 on page 216 along with the 3 goals.
April / May Also, read pages 218-219 & answer the "?'s personales."
9. the 29/ 6(CST testing) Write 3 paragraphs (1/2 page) about "Dance w/ me:" The
April / May importance of 1. Family 2. Music and Dance 3. Following
your dreams. How do they relate to "Rafael" AND you??
10. the 9/10 of May Make 10 corrections on the U3E3 Essay or write 10
sentences from the "model" essay (or some combination
of the 2...5 corrections and 5 sentences).
Diario Log #2.2 for Sp II - February is a lovely month to correctly complete all of your diarios!# Date Diario (in-class assignments)1. the 14/19 of February Complete handout #1 on Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns (front and back)."33 Trick or Treat"2. the 14/19 of February Write 2 Valentines using the class model. Create 2 rough drafts (tobe kept in your Diarios) and 2 final draphs, to be in the shape of heartsand given to friends or family. Use the handout for special phrases!3. the 20/21 of February Complete handout #2 on Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns (front and back)"Pronombres de objetos directos y Objetos Indirectos"4. the 20/21 of February Using the U2E3 Essay prompt, write an outline for a 3 paragraph essay (diningexperience). P1 = background in...with whom, where, why, at what time, type ofrestaurant, special occasion??? P2 = Waiter's name and service, food choicesand reasons, was it good, etc P3 = after eating, movies or theater, type of movie/play, more activities, time of return. Remember to use U2E3 vocab, DOP's, IOP's,and verbs like gustar!5. the 22/25 of February Learn culture by doing the following:A. Read the Notas Culturales - pp151-2 and 156 and "También se dice" on p. 158 and writea short summary.B. Read "En Voces" on pages 160-161 and answer 4 questions with compete sentences.C . Read "En Colores" (try not to get hungry) and answer 4 of the questions with completesentences.6. the 26/27 of February Copy the Brief Review of U2E3 Exam. There were 4 points; #1. DOP's, #2. IOP'sand Double Object Pronouns #3. Verbs that act like "gustar" and #4. 9 verbs that take
IOP's and DOP's.7. the 28 of February / Draw and label (in Spanish) 20 vocabulary words from U3E1. Do not write theEnglish definition...let your picture be the definiton. Multiple pictures for the sameword works best if it is an action word.8. the 4/5 of March Read pages 170-175. Write the title and 3 goals of U3E1 (page 170) and
answer the "Preguntas Personales" (4 or so questions on page 171) .9. the 8/11 of March Read pages 176-177 (En Vivo), then complete acts 1 and 2 on page 178.Complete sentences, but 1/2 of the problems. Complete act 3 orally witha compañero...Not to be written...unless you really want to:-)10. the 8/11 of March Make 10 corrections on your U2E3 essay. Write the errors and the corrections.You may also write 10 senteces from the "Classrom Model" essay.Diario Log #2.2 is now due! 2 points extra credit if it is turned in when #10 is completed.
Full Credit next class (March 12/13).Welcome Spanish II students to 2013! - Diario Log #2.1# Date Diario (in-class assignments)1. the 14/15 of January Presentations: Create at least 5 questions to find out what yourclassmates did over break. Write down their answers.2. the 16/17 of January A. Read pages 122-125 with a classmate. Answer the "Preguntaspersonales" on page 125.B. Read your Final Essay and the model essay. Rewrite or copy10 good sentences.3. the 18/22 of January Read pages 126-128 of the text (En Vivo).A. Copy 10 difficult sentences...label them present tense, preteritor imperfect (-aba, -ía)B. Complete activities 1, 2 and 3 on pages 128-129 with completesentences - (1/2 of the problems is suffcient)4. the 18/22 of January Correct at least 10 errors from the Multiple Choice Final. (Check outyour scantron and a Final Exam if you are absent)5. the 25/28 of January Complete both sides of the Preterite/Imperfect handout, "Mi viaje aZambia," and using both forms of the Imperfect with time (Comía = Iused to eat, I ate or I was eating, and Estaba Comiendo = I was eating).6. the 25/28 of January Complete both sides of the worksheet, ("Práctica con verbos irregularesen el pretérito" with 28 sentences y "El Mono Jorge").7. the 28/28 of January Complete the backside of the "Preterit vs. Imperfect" handout. The 20sentences ask you to choose the correct tense, to conjugate correctlyand to give the correct rule...justify your answer.If these Diarios are incomplete, they will be worth partial credit.If you want full credit, complete them correctly, even if they have to be done at home!Diario Log #2.1 is Due the day that #10 is assigned.8. the 4/5 of February Create a picture dictionary (40+ words) from U2E3 (p. 167). Drawand label your pictures (20 on one side, 20 on the other). You mayuse English words (not the defination) as necessay or multiple picturesto clarify the meaning of the word.9. the 6/7 of February Correct 10 errors or copy 10 sentences from the Model Essay from U2E2.Include the errors and the corrections. If you need to make-up your essay (ascore less than 30/40 - 75%) can be brought up to 75% by rewriting it. Copythe model essay and personalize it to fit "you." Ask for help if needed.10. the 8/11 of February A. Read pages 144-147 of the text and answer the "Preguntas Personales"on page 147 using complete sentences.B. Read pages 148 and 149 of the text and then complete acts 1 and 2 usingcomplete sentences.