Degrees and Certifications:
7th & 8th Grade - Intensive Language Arts / Social Studies (READ 180)
What your student needs for THIS CLASS (please have these items ASAP):
- 1 inch binder (this binder will remain in the classroom)
- Composition Book – NOT spiral notebook (this will also stay in the classroom)
General Student Needs: It is not necessary to have a separate set of these items for this class. These are just universal student supplies that I would expect them to have with them.
- Blue ink pens
- Glue sticks
- Colored Pencils
- Hand held sharpener
- College ruled binder paper
CLASSROOM WISH LIST:
- Disinfectant Wipes
20% = Independent Reading: Independent Reading Logs/ Quick Writes / Graphic Organizers
20% =Writing: Academic Writing / Writing Prompts / Journals / Projects
40% = Class Tasks: Real Book Pages / Reading Counts Quizzes / Workshop Tests / Core Lit Quizzes and Tests
20% = Computer Program Scores
- Unfinished classwork
- READ! Every student will have an “independent reading” book that they read in class and at home as necessary to stay on track with their individual goals. Students are graded according to meeting individual book deadlines, quality of “quick write” or graphic organizer for each book, and success on the Reading Counts quiz for each book.
These three simple rules cover most classroom offenses.
- Arrive on time and prepared for class.
- Conduct yourself in a positive, respectful way towards staff, other students, and yourself.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
Your actions = Your consequences