Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
2022-23 LCAP 2022-23 LCAP Spanish
2021-22 LCAP 2021-22 LCAP Spanish and Annual Update 2019-20
Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant PlanLocal Control Funding Formula
The purpose of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) is to simplify how state funding is provided to school districts. Under this new funding system, revenue limits and most state categorical programs are eliminated. The district will receive funding based on the demographic profile of the students we serve and gain flexibility to use these funds to improve outcomes of students. The LCFF creates funding targets based on these student characteristics. For our district, the LCFF funding targets consist of grade-span specific base grants plus a supplemental grant that reflects student demographic factors.
Funding targets under the LCFF consist of the following components:
- Grade span-specific based grants that reflect adjustments for grades K–3 class sizes and grades 9–12 career technical education;
- Supplemental grants equal to 20 percent of the adjusted base grants multiplied by the LEA’s unduplicated percentage of English learners, free and reduced-price meal eligible, and foster youth students
Implementation of the LCFF began in 2013-14. Full funding levels under the LCFF will take eight years based on its current Proposition 98 growth projections.
Local Control and Accountability Plan
The Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) is an important component of the LCFF. Under the LCFF all districts are required to develop, adopt, and annually update a three-year LCAP, beginning on July 1, 2014, using a template adopted by the California State Board of Education (SBE) which explains how the district intends to meet annual goals for all students, with specific activities to address the eight priorities included in Education Code (EC) 52060(d) as described below:
- Compliance with Williams requirements: appropriate teacher assignment, sufficient instructional materials, and facilities in good repair.
- Implementation of the academic content and performance standards adopted by SBE, including how the programs and services will enable English learners to access the common core academic content standards and the English Language Development standards.
- Parental involvement, including efforts the school district makes to seek parent input in making decisions for the school district and each individual school site, and including how the school district will promote parental participation in programs for economically disadvantaged pupils, English learners, foster youth, homeless youth, underrepresented ethnic youth, and individuals with exceptional needs.
- Pupil achievement as measured by multiple indicators including, but not limited to, assessment data, college readiness, and language proficiency.
- Pupil engagement as measured by multiple indicators including, but not limited to, rates associated with attendance, chronic absenteeism, dropout (middle and high school), and high school graduation.
- School climate as measured by multiple indicators including, but not limited to, pupil suspension and expulsion rates, as well as other local measures assessing safety and school connectedness.
- The extent to which pupils have access to, and are enrolled in, a broad course of study that includes core subject areas (i.e., English, mathematics, social science, science, visual and performing arts, health, physical education, career and technical education, etc.), including the programs and services developed and provided to economically disadvantaged pupils, English learners, foster youth, homeless youth, underrepresented youth and individuals with exceptional needs.
- Pupil outcomes, if available, in the subject areas comprise a broad course of study.
For more information concerning LCFF/LCAP please access the link below:
Click here to view the MVUSD LCAP Federal Addendum 2019-20
Click here to view the MVUSD Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan 2020-21 .pdf
Click to view the Board Approved 19-20 Plan
Click to view the 2019-20 LCAP Budget Overview for Parents
Click to view the 2020-21 LCAP Budget Overview for Parents
Click here to view the MVUSD COVID 19 Operations Written Report.pdf