• Work Permits

    Federal and State laws govern the number of hours a minor may work when school is in session.  All students under 18 years of age who are seeking employment must first obtain a work permit.  Below are the documents needed to understand the student work permit process and regulations:  



    When the school site is closed, during the Summer, Winter Holiday, and Spring Break, please email a pdf copy of the completed application to the District Office Student Support or District Registrars. Please allow up to (48) hours for your request to be processed and plan accordingly.

    • Call 951.696.1600 if you have a question regarding the status of your work permit request (if the school site is closed).


    During the school year, ONLY when school is in session, please send a pdf of the completed application/forms, via email to the staff members listed below. You can click the staff members' names to send an email: 

    Murrieta Canyon Academy (MCA): please contact Mrs. Tarabilda at Ctarabilda@murrieta.k12.ca.us


    Murrieta Mesa H.S. (MMHS): please contact Marla Heldon or visit the MMHS work permit website. 


    Vista Murrieta H.S.: please contact Mrs. Anne Macoskey. You can also visit the VMHS work permit info page


    Murrieta Valley H.S.: please contact Mrs. Young or visit the Nighthawk work permit web page

Last Modified on February 9, 2024