Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
The mission of PTA in California is three-fold:
- To support and speak on behalf of all children and youth in schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to nurture children.
- To promote parent and public involvement in schools and communities.
"Together We Build The Future"
Chosen California State PTA Outstanding Council 1994 & 2000 & 2001
The Murrieta Valley Council PTA was established in 1992. Its mission is two fold: To support the local unit (school site) PTAs by; providing training, providing counterpart (mentoring), disseminating information from the District, State and National PTAs and acting as a liaison between units and 23rd District PTA (all of Riverside County); and, to advocate on behalf of children and youth within our schools and community.
Since the MVC PTA was chartered, it has established itself as a dynamic organization dedicated to child advocacy and parent involvement and has become an integral part of the Murrieta community. We work in partnership with the school district, city and county agencies and the community at large to promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school and community.
Parents, educators, administrators, students and community members are all welcome and encouraged to be a part of the MVC PTA. Please join us in our efforts to serve and advocate for all of the children in Murrieta.
Objectives of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental social and spiritual education.
Search for your school name in the search bar to join anytime of the day at your convenience!