Breakthrough Student Assistance Program
"Student Safety and Success...No Matter What!"
What is BreakThrough?
Breakthrough serves all district students and their families. The Breakthrough program staff responds to all student and family concerns with respectful dialogue, individualized service, ongoing staff and parent training, community support and referrals to appropriate school or community based services as needed. The BreakThrough Student Assistance Program is a unique method for providing family specific services to any family in the school district. BreakThrough is a free and voluntary support offered to our families. BreakThrough helps students make it through school safely and successfully
The Breakthrough mission is to offer confidential services to support academic and personal achievement. Collaboration with local and community agencies is key to supporting our students.
What is a BreakThrough Family Conference?
The family participates in a motivational interview with a BreakThrough staff member at the BreakThrough Offices.
The family conference will:
- Identify family strengths and how to use them
- Explore the student’s academic and career goals, and social and emotional skills
- Identify student and family concerns
- Create a plan of action to foster success for all family members
- Refer student and family to appropriate school and community resources
- Provide ongoing support as needed
What are the Benefits of the BreakThrough Family Conference?
- Identify family strengths and how to utilize them.
- Explore the student’s academic and career goals as well as social and emotional needs.
- Identify family concerns.
- Create a plan of action to foster success for all family members.
- Breakthrough staff will provide ongoing support as needed.
- Family will obtain knowledge of resources within the community.
To request a referral to BreakThrough, please call (951) 696-1600 x 1219, or complete the BreakThrough Referral Form.