District English Language Advisory Council (DELAC)
A district-level English Learner Advisory Committee comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise district officials on English learner programs and services.
The DELAC shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications are required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).*
Meeting Agendas and Presentations
02/15/2023 Meeting Presentation 11/16/2022 Meeting Agenda 04/13/2022 Meeting Presentation 02/09/2022 Meeting Agenda Meeting Presentation 11/17/2021 Meeting Agenda Meeting Presentation 09/22/2021 Meeting Agenda Meeting Presentation 02/17/2021 Meeting Agenda Meeting Presentation
Last Modified on March 22, 2023