Assistance League of Temecula Valley - Operation School Bell-
Welcome to Operation School Bell provides new school clothing to qualified TK-12 students enrolled in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. Each qualified student is gifted up to $150.00 of school appropriate clothing, which includes shoes, socks, underwear, jackets, sweaters, shirts, tops, jeans or pants, shorts, dresses, and skirts.
2022-23 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who qualifies for this program? Murrieta Valley Unified School District families who meet eligibility requirements. Participation eligibility is based on your family's “Total Yearly Family Income.” Operation School Bell must use the HUD Income Guidelines to qualify families. These guidelines are used to qualify families for most programs, such as; free and reduced-priced lunch, free school transportation, food stamps/Cal Fresh, P-EBT, reduced college application fees etc... Please note that Food Stamps/Cal Fresh is not added to your Total Yearly Family Income, and is not considered an income source.
2. MVUSD student shopping dates? Listed through the online application process and are visible once you complete the application.
3. How to Apply? Applications are ONLY accepted online. https://operationschoolbelltv.org/murrieta/ Applications are CLOSED. A new date will be added in January 2023 for a February shoppng date.
The Assistance League of Temecula Valley is requiring student ID numbers on the application form. The easiest way to get that number is to ask your student for it, since they use it every day to access their learning links, on-line library, Microsoft 365, lunch accounts and school computers. If you don't have it, don’t worry, the form will still let you continue to fill out the application, but please know that the Assistance League may request it as part of their follow-up process.
4. What are the income requirements? Listed through the online application process
5. Questions and Communication MVUSD does not manage the program, set criteria or eligibility. All questions and communication come directly from the Assistant League of the Temecula Valley.
Shopping Date Requirements, Information, and Documents CHECKLIST. On your selected shopping date, please be prepared with the following information and documents:
- A parent or guardian must accompany the student to the SHOPPING event.
- Middle and high school students will need to bring a student body card or picture identification.
- There will be no make-up schedule if your student misses the appointment.
- Your student will not be allowed to participate in the shopping event without parents or guardians providing
proof of family yearly income copies of documents on the designated shopping date as outlined below.
You will need to bring proof of the family's yearly income to the selected shopping event. Your verification documents may include 1 or more of the items listed below. Please be prepared to bring COPIES only; we cannot accept original documents.
- Most Recent Year Tax Return/1040 Form (preferred source - first income page only)
- Current Year W-2 for each family member contributing to the yearly income
- Most Recent Paycheck Stubs/Payroll Statement showing year to date gross (before taxes) Income
- County, State, Federal Assistance Documents, such as "Passport to Services," "Cash Aid," "Notice of Action," or other Government Assistance.
- Letter from employer stating income amount
- Other sources you may have, such as a Church or other Community Organization that may be assisting you and your family.
- Income Verification Form if zero income. To fill out at a shopping event.
MVUSD Shopping Location
All Operation School Bell-MVUSD shopping events are held at Kohl’s Department Store 24661 Madison Ave, Murrieta, CA 92562, Ca,