Assistance League of Temecula Valley - Operation School Bell
Welcome to Operation School Bell! Operated by Assistance League of Temecula Valley. We provide new school clothing to qualified K-12 students enrolled in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. Each qualified student may purchase up to $125.00 of school appropriate clothing, which includes shoes, socks, underwear, jackets, sweaters, shirts, tops, jeans or pants, shorts, dresses, and skirts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Questions and Communication regarding Operation School Bell need to be directed to the Assistance League of Temecula Valley via email firstname.lastname@example.org. MVUSD does not manage the program or criteria.
2. Participation Eligibility Participation eligibility is based on “Total Yearly Family Income.” Family income means all persons living in the same household who are related by birth, marriage, or adoption and are benefiting from the activities and contribute to Total Family Yearly Income. Food Stamps/Cal Fresh is not added to your Total Yearly Family Income, is not considered an income source. Please review the chart to the right. If you meet the income eligibility requirements, please proceed with the online application.
3. MVUSD student shopping dates Listed below are the 2018 shopping dates for MVUSD qualified students. You may only sign up for one date. A completed ONLINE application is required for each child. September 20 October 4 October 18
4. How to Apply? Applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY and will be available on this page MVUSD beginning the week of September 3, September 24, and October 1, 2018
5. What are the income requirements?
Please NOTE: Shopping event online applications are first-come, first served. Assistance League of Temecula Valley reserves a select number of spots per event. When the shopping event date reaches capacity, the application window will be closed.
Shopping Date Requirements, Information, and Documents CHECKLIST
On your selected shopping date, please be prepared with the following information and documents:
- A parent or guardian must accompany the student to the SHOPPING event.
- High school students will need to bring student body card or picture identification.
- There will be no make-up schedule if your student misses the appointment.
- Your student will not be allowed to participate in the shopping event without the parent or guardian providing
proof of family yearly income copies of documents on the designated shopping date as outlined below.
You will need to bring proof of family yearly income to the selected shopping event. Your verification documents may include 1 or more of the items listed below. Please be prepared to bring COPIES only; we cannot accept original documents.
- Most Recent Year Tax Return/1040 Form (preferred source - first income page only)
- Current Year W-2 for each family member contributing to the yearly income
- Most Recent Paycheck Stubs/Payroll Statement showing year to date gross (before taxes) Income
- County, State, Federal Assistance Documents, such as "Passport to Services," "Cash Aid," "Notice of Action," or other Government Assistance.
- Letter from employer stating income amount
- Other sources you may have, such as Church or other Community Organization that may be assisting you and your family.
- Income Verification Form if zero income. To fill out at shopping event.
MVUSD Events Shopping Location
All Operation School Bell-MVUSD shopping events are held at Kohl’s Department Store 24661 Madison Ave, Murrieta, CA 92562, Ca, and begin at 4:30 p.m.
**Please note** October 18th dressing date applications will be available Oct.1