Assistance League of Temecula Valley - Operation School Bell
Welcome to Operation School Bell provides new school clothing to qualified TK-12 students enrolled in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. Each qualified student is gifted up to $125.00 towards school appropriate clothing, which includes shoes, socks, underwear, jackets, sweaters, shirts, tops, jeans or pants, shorts, dresses, and skirts.
2023-24 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who qualifies for this program? Murrieta Valley Unified School District students who meet the HUD Income Guidelines, based on ‘Total Yearly Family Income’ (listed below) qualify for this opportunity. When determining your eligibility, please note Food Stamps/Cal Fresh is not added to your Total Yearly Family Income. It is not considered an income source.
2. MVUSD student shopping dates? Listed through the online application process and are visible once you complete the application.
3. How to Apply? Applications are ONLY accepted online. The application window for the 2023-24 school year opens on Thursday, July 27. Slots are filled on a first come, first serve basis. To access the application process, click the following link: https://operationschoolbelltv.org/murrieta/
4. What are the income requirements? Listed below are the HUD Income Guidelines. The income requirements are also listed through the online application process.
5. Questions and Emails? Murrieta Valley USD does not manage Operation School Bell (OSB) set criteria or eligibility. All confirmations, emails and question responses come directly from the Assistant League of the Temecula Valley.
Shopping Date Requirements, Information, and Documents CHECKLIST. On your selected shopping date, please be prepared with the following information and documents:
- A parent or guardian must accompany the student to the SHOPPING event.
- Middle and high school students will need to bring a student body id card.
You will need to bring proof of the family's yearly income to the selected shopping event. Your verification documents may include 1 or more of the items listed below. Please be prepared to bring COPIES only; we cannot accept original documents.
- Most Recent Year Tax Return/1040 Form (preferred source - first income page only)
- Current Year W-2 for each family member contributing to the yearly income
- Most Recent Paycheck Stubs/Payroll Statement showing year to date gross (before taxes) Income
- County, State, Federal Assistance Documents, such as "Passport to Services," "Cash Aid," "Notice of Action," or other Government Assistance.
- Letter from employer stating income amount
- Other sources you may have, such as a Church or other Community Organization that may be assisting you and your family.
- Income Verification Form if zero income. To fill out at a shopping event.
MVUSD Shopping Location
All Operation School Bell-MVUSD shopping events are held at Kohl’s Department Store 24661 Madison Ave, Murrieta, CA 92562