The First Step Towards College!
Figuring out how to pay for college can be tough, especially for families with limited resources. Fortunately, the State of California has launched a program that could make college a reality for millions of children in our state. Starting July 1, 2022, community-based organizations throughout the state will work to educate parents about the California Kids Investment and Development Savings Program (CalKIDS). Money provided through the CalKIDS program can be used at eligible educational institutions, including four-year colleges and universities, community colleges, technical schools or accredited institutions. CalKIDS participants and their families can also establish and contribute to individual ScholarShare 529 accounts, where they can contribute and start saving early.
CalKIDS is the long awaited children's savings account program that offers all newborns and eligible low-income public school students in California between $25 and $1500 to start saving for college and career training. Families are encouraged to build on this investment by opening and contributing to a ScholarShare 529 account of their own and see their college savings balances all in one place.
The program provides the following incentives:
Up to $1500 for 3.4 Million School-Age Children:
- $500 Automatic Deposit: Eligible low-income public school students in grades 1-12.
- $500 Additional Deposit: Eligible low-income public school students in grades 1-12 identified as foster youth.
- $500 Additional Deposit: Eligible low-income public school students in grades 1-12 identified as homeless.
Eligibility Up to $100 for Newborn Children:
- $25 Automatic Deposit: Every eligible child born on or after July 1, 2022.
- $25 Additional Deposit: Those who register on the program's online portal.
- $50 Additional Deposit: Those who link a new existing ScholarShare 529 account to the CalKIDS account.
Visit www.calkids.org today to learn more about eligibility, registering for the program, and getting started on your savings!
Eligible students will receive information directly from MVUSD and or a state-issued letter. Eligible students are encouraged to register their account today!
Class of 2022 graduates are also eligible for CalKIDS accounts. If you are eligible, you will need your 10 digit SSID. To request an email with your SSID, please click HERE.
Aeries Parent Portal - click here