Early Childhood Education at Murrieta Valley Unified School District
Proud recipient of the California School Board Association Golden Bell in Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Education Classrooms
Our ECE classrooms are arranged according to the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS) which is designed to ensure the most effective learning environments for ECE programs. Focus is on 7 environmental domains and includes Space/Furnishings, Personal Care Routines, Language/Reasoning, Activities, Interactions, Program Structure and Parents/Staff. All ECE classrooms undergo yearly ECERS assessments to ensure they are providing high-quality learning environments.
ECE teachers develop their curriculum and their weekly activity plans based on California Department of Education - Early Education and Support Division Standards known as the California Preschool Learning Foundations and from data collected using Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP). During the school day, teachers observe, assess and adjust activities to meet the needs and interests of the children in the program.
All children in the ECE program are assessed at 60 days and 6 months using the Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) and a digital portfolio that helps teachers follow the child’s development throughout the year.
Early Childhood Education Goals
- To provide a safe, nurturing environment where children are free to explore and make sense of the world around them
- To assist children in successful physical, emotional, cognitive and social development
- Provide a planned program of experiences and activities, which allow children to learn through investigation and engage in age-appropriate hands-on activities.
- Support and enhance the parental role as the principle influence in their child's education and development. Parents are a key component to the program. Parents are encouraged to be involved in program activities.
- Provide medical, dental, social, mental health and nutrition services or referrals.
Direct questions to:Rochelle Walker, ECE Supervisor (951) 304-1623 ext 2187 or email@example.com
- Preschool Learning Foundations
- Environmental Rating Scale
- Desired Results Developmental Profile
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Classroom Assessment Scoring System
- Ages and Stages Developmental Questionnaire
- Second Step Social/Emotional Curriculum
- Quality Start Tier 4 rated environments
- Family Style Dinning lunch/breakfast