Horizons Unlimited- Arts Connections
Greetings From Teaching Artists During COVID-19: https://youtu.be/41405sqtqZE
Congratulations to the RCOE, Visual Arts contest winners: Contest Winners
Visual Arts: Created by RCOE, VAPA Director Louisa Higgins:
New Lessons From RCOE:
Secrets of the Heart TV features standards-based educational contents including arts, language, culture, and social-emotional learning : Secrets of the Heart
Through the district's Horizons Unlimited program local teaching artists, and teaching specialists, often work directly in classrooms to connect their talents and passions within classroom experiences. From the progressive sing-alongs in kindergarten, ballroom dancing, Shakespeare, comedy, cartooning, to upper grade level performance-based opportunities, students are seeing the possibilities for positive self-expression through the visual and performing arts. Their future horizons are unlimited.
In the Murrieta Unified Unified School District, connecting artists and district teaching specialists in the arts, within local site experiences, fosters and develops positive connections across multiple disciplines.
- TK: Sing-Along, Music Connections Program, Hip Hop Dancing, Movement Class (6 weeks)
- TK and Kindergarten: Hip Hop Dancing & Orff Schulwerk Music (6 weeks)
- Kindergarten: Music Connections Program, Sing-A-Long, Movement Class
- First Grade: Music Connections Program, Music Appreciation Jazz, Musical Theater, Opera, and Classical Music and Musical Theatre culminating in a show
- Second Grade: Ballroom Dancing culminating in a show, Art History
- Third Grade: Music Connections Program, Cartooning, Hip Hop Dancing.
- Grades 3 – 5: Poetry, Improv, Drama, Ballet Folklorico, Spoken Word Poetry, and Shakespeare
- and Visual Arts
- Fifth Grade: Band
- Grades 4-5: Cultural Dance Salsa, Hip Hop, Line Dancing
- Middle, High School, Adult Transition, and Canyon Academy: Music Connections Program (Semester/Full Year)
- Our Town: This program brings our community members into the classroom to teach the cultural arts.
Teaching Artists / Resident Teaching Artists
- Dani Arribere teaches singing to TK and kindergartners.
- April Vidal teaches Movement Class to TK and kindergarten classes.
- Wendy Fremin teaches the Orff-Schulerk Music Program to K-1, and SPED.
- Gina Ross teaches Kindergarten Orff-Schulwerk Music Program.
- Mason Idler teaches Kindergarten and 3rd Grade Hip Hop
- Barbara Chiofalo teaches Musical Theatre for 1st grade and Musical Theatre Club, 3-12.
- Arlene Yates teaches "Our Town" for 3rd graders.
- John Edward Clark teaches Intro to Music, 1st, Improv, 3rd, and Shakespeare, 5th.
- Cindy Droubi teaches Art History, 2nd, and Drawing, 3rd-5th.
- Brian Manning teaches Cartooning to 3rd graders and SPED students.
- Teacher on Special Assignment, Dr. Thomas Garvin teaches 4th grade Recorders and Learn @ Home Program, 3rd - 5th grade Choirs, and Music Connections District Program.
- Resident Teaching Artist, Tim Tikasingh teaches Recorders, Choir, and Orff-Schulwerk Music Program.
- PJ Ebba teaches Hip Hop to TK, kindergarten, and 3rd grade students.
- Jay Quade teaches Hip Hop to Tk, Kindergarten, and 3rd grade students.
- Jeanette Labella teaches Cake Decorating to 3rd grade students.
- Greetings from Mrs. Labella (Cake Decorating Lesson)
- Rob Crisell teaches Poetry, 3rd-5th grade, and Shakespeare, grades 5-12. He also teaches at the Murrieta Summit, ATP.
- How Not to Hate Shakespeare
- Merchant of Venice
- A Message to Mrs. Levin's 3rd Grade Class
- A Poem by Rudyard Kipling
- Poetry: Lesson 1 How to Read and Write Poetry
- Poetry: Lesson 2 The Power of Poetry
- Poetry: Lesson 3 The Purpose of Poetry
- Poetry: Lesson 4 How to Analyze a Poem
- Poetry: Lesson 5 How to Write a Bad Poem
- Poetry: Lesson 6 Analyzing Student Poetry
- Marlynne Cooley teaches Spoken Word Poetry to 3rd-5th graders, and 6-12th as well.
- Jennifer Bonneteau teaches Visual Arts, 4th grade, and Art History, 2nd grade.
- Yolanda Serrano teaches 3rd grade, Cultural Arts, "Our Town".
- Julie Yant teaches 3rd grade, Cultural Arts, "Our Town".
- David Chavez teaches Ballet Folklorico and Art History.
Arlene Yates teaches the Italian culture and living in a big city like Los Angeles versus living in Murrieta. Activity: Sing along in Spanish.
Cindy Droubi teaches the Lebanese culture. Activity: Making hummus.
Irv Michlin teaches the Jewish culture in New York. Activity: Creating a memorial.
Julie Yang teaches the Korean culture. Additivity: Creating a fan.
Yolanda Serrano teaches the Mexican culture. Activity: Learning Spanish.
Sebrina Glascoe teaches the African American culture. Activity: Creating Dashikis.
Meet the Author:
Secondary Grades Author: Rob Crisell - The Zoo of Impossible Animals. Primary Grades Author: Arlene Yates