• Complaints 

    Uniform Complaint Procedure

    The district shall use the uniform complaint procedures to resolve any complaint alleging unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying in district programs and activities based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in
    Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived  characteristics.  Click here for more information.

    Complaints Concerning District Schools or Employees 

    The district has a process by which the public can address complaints against district schools or hold district employees accountable for their actions.  Our intent is for complaints to be resolved expeditiously without disrupting the educational process. The public is encouraged to attempt to resolve the complaint by first contacting the employee's immediate supervisor.  For more information, refer to the district's Board Policy on complaints concerning district schools or complaints concerning district employees.  If further assistance is necessary, email the Superintendent's secretary,
    Julie Diaz

    Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures  

    The district shall use the Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures to investigate and resolve complaints when the complainant alleges that any of the following has occurred: (Education Code 35186)  
    1. Insufficient testbooks or instructional materials
    2. Teacher vacancy or misassignment
    3. Facilities condition poses an emergency or urgent threat to the health or safety of students or staff.
    4. A school restroom has not been cleaned, maintained, or kept open in accordance with Education Code 35292.5.  
    5. High school exit examination intensive instruction and services  

    Williams Notice Pursuant to Education Code section 35186 

    • There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. That means each pupil, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional materials, or both, to use in class and to take home.
    • School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair.
    • There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners if present.
    • Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
    • Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
    • Pupils, including English Learners, who have not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of the 12th grade are to be provided the opportunities to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after the completion of grade 12. 

    Filing a Williams Complaint

    • A complaint alleging any condition(s) specified in Education Code 35186 shall be filed with the principal or designee, at the school site or the district office at 41780 McAlby Court, Murrieta 92562. Download the Williams complaint form or obtain a copy of the form from school offices. A complainant need not use the form as long as the complaint is submitted in writing.