Welcome to the Murrieta Valley Unified Transportation Department
Bus Pass Fees 2020/2021 - NOW ACCEPTING PRE REGISTRATION RIDER FORMS
The prices listed below are for a full school year:
Annual Bus Pass One-Way Pass 1st child: $395.00 1st child: $200.00 2nd child: $365.00 2nd child: $185.00 3rd & additional child: $335.00 3rd & additional child: $170.00 No family shall pay more than $1095.00 for any combination of bus passes Annual Bus Pass - Income Qualification Reduced Fee One-Way Pass 1st child: $135.00 1st child: $70.00 2nd child: $125.00 2nd child: $65.00 3rd & additional child: $115.00 3rd & additional child: $60.00
Registration Options - PRE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
PLEASE FILL OUT OUR ONLINE TRANSPORTATION FORMS - AVAILABLE ON LINE NOW - NO PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PRE REGISTER!
Your address must match the address in the AERIES student portal or a bus pass will not be issued. If you have an outstanding balance from the previous school year, you will need to pay the past due balance in full with cash, credit card or money order before being issued a current year bus pass.
Early Income Based Registration - Please call 951-696-1600 X1195 for assistance or an appointment if needed.
- Reduced or free bus passes are available for income qualified families.
- Please reference the Requirements for Fee Assistance Form for a list of required documents.
- Complete the 2020/2021 Registration Form and Reduce Fee/Free Application Form and email with needed documentation to email@example.com
- You may also drop off all completed forms at the District office front desk between 7:30am-4:30pm M-F.
Online - MySchoolBucks Store is:
UPDATE: 7/17/20 - Closed until schools reopen for traditional teaching.
- This PREFERRED method is the most convenient, quickest and easiest way to register and pay for a bus pass.
- Simply locate the Route Code found in the Aeries Communication message and choose the closest bus stop to your home address listed in AERIES.
- Then go to MySchoolBucks to register your child and pay for their bus pass.
- It may take up to ten business days for approval, processing and delivery of the bus pass.
- The bus driver will deliver the pass to your student on route. No trip to the district support center is needed. Your child may ride the bus while waiting for the bus pass.
- If you have any technical/payment plan enrollment questions, please call MySchoolBucks at 855-832-5226 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm EST.
In Person - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY-
UPDATE: 7/17/20 - Appointment App. info to follow...
- Please complete the parent/student section of the Registration Form in its entirety.
- You may pay with check or money order made payable to MVUSD Transportation. No cash please.
- All credit card payments will incur a 3.95% credit card handling fee from the merchant.
- Payment Plans with your credit card will not be available at the DSC.
Receiving Your School Bus Pass
- If you purchase your school bus pass through MySchoolBucks the pass will be given to your student by the driver on the school bus route.
- Please allow up to ten business days for processing.
- Your child may ride the bus during this period. There is no need to visit the district support center.
- If after ten days your child still does not have a pass, please call the Transportation Department at 951-696-1600 x1195.
Bus Pass Payment Plans
- Four (4) Month Payment Plan: Your first payment is due at the time of registration. Following payment due dates are the 1st day of the next four consecutive months, with last payment no later than December 1.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to have monthly payments and any additional fees into the Transportation office by the due dates to have a bus pass issued and valid.
- Bus passes bought after January 1 need to be paid in full or arrangements made with the Bus Pass Clerk.
- A reminder of any sort will NOT be sent out.
- Payment plans are available online at MySchoolBucks or in person at the District Support Center. There will be an additional $10.00 handling charge and a 3.95% convenience fee charged by the merchant for credit card payments.
- Payment plans will be available online starting July 27, 2020 and are not offered past January 1, 2021 for annual bus passes.
- Bus passes may be rescinded for non-payment.
Returned Check, Declined Credit Card and Non-Payment Fees
- All returned checks will incur a $25.00 returned check fee and a $25.00 late payment fee. These are in addition to any bank fees that you may be charged.
- All declined automatic credit card payments will incur a $25.00 declined payment fee in addition to a $25.00 late payment fee.
- All accounts with outstanding balances after February 1, 2021 will be placed on a riding suspension and sent to collections. Unless you contact the Transportation Clerk for other arrangements.
- Fees do not count toward outstanding balances
Bus Pass Replacement
- A replacement fee of $10.00 will be charged for all lost, stolen, defaced or mutilated bus passes.
- If you change your address during the school year, please contact Transportation so we can issue a bus pass with the correct route number and bus stop; the $10.00 replacement fee applies.
- Your address must be updated in AERIES before requesting a new bus pass.
- To update your student's AERIES account during the school year, you must go into the school's office and update your address in person.
Bus Pass Changes
Please contact the Transportation office in order to change bus pass types, change stops or to stop payments. Additional charges or a replacement bus pass fee may apply, if applicable.
Pro-rated refunds are processed for the current school year and will be processed effective when the bus pass is received by the Transportation Department. All refunds be issued by check and incur a $15.00 handling fee per family.
Things to know:
- That riding a school bus is much safer than using any other form of transportation - including personal vehicles, railroad and airline travel.
- In support of teaching and learning, the Transportation Department provides approximately 3,000 students with safe and efficient school bus transportation.
- Our Safety and Training personnel provide annual mobility and transportation training for students, as well as an extensive training program for bus drivers.
- That all of our vehicles are inspected annually by CHP.
- We are utilizing the new ZPASS+ that allows you to download the application and track when and where your child gets on and off the school bus. Please go to www.zpassplus.com for more information.
MVUSD offers income qualification fee-based transportation for eligible students living within their assigned home school and living more than:
- 1.0 aerial mile from their home to elementary school
- 2.0 aerial miles from their home to middle school
- 3.0 aerial miles from their home to high school
Transportation is very limited for the following schools:
- Alta Murrieta Elementary School
- Avaxat Elementary School
- Daniel N. Buchanan Elementary School
- Lisa J. Mails Elementary School
- Murrieta Mesa High School
- Tovashal Elementary School
For the safety and security of our student riders, your address in ARIES must be kept current throughout the entire school year.