Developer Fee Collections
MVUSD Facilities Services Department
District Support Center
41870 McAlby Court, Murrieta, CA 92562
Office Hours 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please call for an appointment
Developer Fees Contact Information Name Phone Nadia Zeien (951) 696-1600 ext. 1181 FAX Number (951) 304-1530
With the adoption of Senate Bill 50 and Proposition 1A in 1998, school districts which meet certain requirements now have the option of adopting "Alternative School Fees", also known as Level 2 Fees and Level 3 Fees, in accordance with Government Code Sections 65995.5, 65995.6 and 65995.7. In general, Alternative School Fees, which are calculated for each school district, apply solely to residential construction within a school district. More specifically, the Level 2 Fee, which is intended to represent fifty percent (50%) of a school district's school facility construction costs per new home served, applies when the State Allocation Board (SAB) is apportioning State Funding to school districts in California. The Level 3 Fee, on the other hand, is intended to represent one hundred percent (100%) of a school district's school facility construction costs per new home served, and applies when the SAB officially declares that it is no longer making such apportionments.In order to impose Alternative School Fees on new residential construction within the District, the district prepares and adopts a School Facilities Needs Analysis (SFNA) annually as required by applicable law. The SFNA adopted by MVUSD on September 2, 2008, expired on September 1, 2009 and due to declining land value data, etc., the District will not be adopting a new SFNA at this time. Therefore, the District will be at the State Level 1 rate.Fees shall be made payable to the "Murrieta Valley Unified School District".
- Payments received for the incorrect amount will not be accepted.
- Fees are subject to change at any time, therefore, please contact the District to verify current rates prior to securing school fee payments.
- The District will require a copy of the "School Fee Letter" (City) or "Notice of School Impact Mitigation Requirement" (County) in order to prepare your certificate.
- Please email email@example.com or fax a copy of the letter or notice to the Facilities Office at (951) 304-1530 in advance or bring it with you to avoid a delay in preparing your document.
- Staff will not be able to prepare your certificate without this letter or notice.
For all projects, not otherwise mitigated, effective May 11, 2020 Type Fee Single Family and Multi-Family Residential Units $4.08 Restricted Senior Communities $0.66 Commercial, Industrial and Office Buildings $0.66 Self-Storage $0.16
per square foot of assessable space