Student Enrichment Extended Day (SEED) Before/Afterschool
Our SEED classrooms are arranged according to the School Age Care Environmental Rating Scale (SACERS), which is designed to ensure the most effective learning environments for before and after school programs. Focus is on 6 domains and includes Space/Furnishings, Activities Health/Safety, Interactions, Program Structure and Staff Development.
All SEED classrooms undergo yearly SACERS assessments to ensure we are providing high-quality learning environments.
To provide children with a successful extended day experience the SEED Program strives to achieve six desired results outlined by the State Department of Education, Child Development Division
- Children are personally and socially competent.
- Children are effective learners.
- Children are safe and healthy.
- Children show physical and motor competence.
- Families support children's learning and development.
- Families achieve their goals.
SEED Program Goals
- To provide children with a learning environment appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- To assist children in successful physical, emotional, cognitive and social development.
- To provide a planned program of experiences and activities which support and enhance the TK & Kindergarten experience.
- To assist the parents as the principal influence in their child's education and development.
- To inform parents of Murrieta Valley Unified School District and community services and resources.
Direct questions to:Angie Williamson, SEED Supervisor (951) 304-1623 ext 2169 or firstname.lastname@example.org